The game desperately needs weapon based penances

Give me a reason to run guns I don’t like

6 Likes

I remember back in the beta when the weapon banners got leaked…good times. We were all so hopeful back then.

I still see the melta gun and 2 chanded chaxe in my (stimm induced) dreams.

However I agree that would be great, and it would be awesome to have those weapon banners and maybe weapon mastery skins for people who really put the time and effort in to earn it.

1 Like

They’re already there, and they suck.

Oh yes f-ing do it! 1mil kill with my plasma.

Just don’t make them take a day to complete. Make some challenges that require 300-400 games to play.

Can you elaborate? I don’t recall there being any.

And I believe he specifically means doing something with a specific weapon, not like Vets do a mission with 90% accuracy and no ammo ledt penance.

Something like kill x amount of specials with a Grenade Gauntlet

Get X amount of headshot kills with the Helbore lasgun etc etc.

Yeah, I was thinking of abilities, but I stand that they suck.

Being forced to play with something you don’t like is absolutely a drag.
Why would you ask them to give us all (because it’s not just for you) penances that force us to adopt a playstyle we despise to unlock some rewards?

If you want to use different weapons you already can.

You aren’t forced to interact with penances at all. If you don’t like it just don’t do them.

1 Like

If they give rewards I kind of do.

I’m still stuck with Warp Battery because it’s a stepping stone to unlock everything else.
If they put them in they better not have any cosmetics attached, then I won’t even bother looking at them.

I agree with Nish. My idea for it would be “signs of weapon mastery.” You can just do the stuff for the weapons you like, and show that youre good with them. Other people, myself included, would feel incentivized to go out and do the stuff for the other weapons, to learn them and be rewarded for it. I don’t think thats a negative in any way.

1 Like

If it’s something like the little banner next to the portrait, sure, who cares, go for it.

EDIT: even a weapon skin would be ok, if you like a weapon you can get the skin for it. If you want them all it’s up to you.

Weapon skins. Give weapon skins for dedicated weapon users. If you don’t use that type of weapon then it doesn’t matter if you have the skin or not right?

Edit: Nevermind.

Could be similar to the new class outfit penances with one “model type” getting more complicated as you unlock more stages.

Yeah, I edited before seeing your response. I agree, that would be a good reward.

1 Like

As long as the rewards are insubstantial, sure, go for it.

I don’t want to feel forced to play with weapons I don’t like if I want a particular skin or whatever.

weapon skins based on said weapon based penances are a great idea and I’d love that.

Because sometimes they turn out great.
When came back I basically only used combat axe 5, evis and heavy sword for melee and brace auto and flamer for range.

I come back after the skill tree and now I use devil claws all the combat axes heavyswords Thunder hammers.
Range I got revolver infantry auto guns revolver shot guns and a few others.

And that’s just for zealot.

Tzcheese has spoken. Let the record show his approval.

If I only had that sort of power… Things would be very different around here…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.