The FatShark, AMA on reddit

Well we still don’t know who build all the custom skaven tech of clan fester or the Skittergate and I bet it wasn’t the rat that had to hurry back from his “victory speech”.

Yep, Fester has surprisingly lots of skryre tech for a Pestilens aligned Clan, Skittergate above all (althugh that’s more of a combo of skryre tech and Rasknitt’s magic), i also remember seeing warplightning shots when at the destroyed river bridge on Fort Brachsenbrücke, as well as all the heavy weapons and not to forget Stormfiends.

1 Like

Well it’s more the custom flamers and gunners as well as the gate collab. the rest can be bought. Dough Fester must be broke so somebody had a hand in there for sure.

Thank you for the reply.
I get what you guys are saying and it is true “Great Unclean Ones” seem very powerfull. I actually searched for deamons “a tier further down”. But was not that satiesfied with Plaguebearers, they did not seem that special to me. Sure they are about the size of a chaos warrior (9ft according to a 4chan thread)

And I thought about not a conventional fight. That our heroes could utilize some special machinery or weapons and strike down such enormous foes. Not just a simple boss fight, which we already have. For example manage to make a big Screaming bell fall right on top of one of those big guys.

2 Likes

Wasting a skaven abomination using siege weapons, to have smaller rats pouring from its insides would be fun. But FS said having animations for such huge monsters would be problematic.
They are still in my dreams but for the moment I’d rather have custom animations for the chaos faction. I’m ok wihh most of those, but some are definitely too ratlike (for example the one where they grab their throat or whn they are decapitated. Awesome on the raki, but a bit immersion breaking on humans-sort-of)

Still. I’d settle for those huge animations being static rather than dinamic. We don’t have to fight those, but seeing one loom/move in the distance, knowing we managed to destroy one (have a tower collapse on them using good ol’ black powder for example) would be pretty satisfying.
Or, you know… CHUFF, CHUUUUF!