The fact that weekly contracts are per character, not per account is just toxic design! 4x 25 missions complete? 50 hours per week?!

There is of course another, more worrying explaination - and that is: this was all deliberate. I mean, the progression system is so RNG based, one could think that the idea was to simply keep people chasing stuff for longer. Maybe because the game is just a bit light on content otherwise, and maybe because this sort of thing is working well for asia grinders and such.

3 Likes

Thank you for this thread. I was about to make a similar one. I’d just add that the district-specific contracts are even worse, because you might not even get the missions you need in the time you have to play, and even if you do, then you’ll have to spend a lot of extra time to make sure you never miss a tome or grim. All of that is worse too, because of their random locations, because you can’t really develop a routine for them.

And finally, the items in the Requisitorum are much too expensive compared to the rewards. You can’t even get one item per week most of the time. Unless… You get “lucky”, and have a few missions worth 400+, like 12 grimoires or 25 missions. Yeah, I feel really “lucky”. It wouldn’t be so bad, if the reward for completing all contracts was not like half of your potential weekly earnings. It really forces you to play in a way in which you can maximize contract completion, which is not fun in any shape or form. Running stupid chores literally ruins the fun for me.

2 Likes

I just decided not to play at all this week because I ruled out that there is no way to clear the weekly board for me even after using up all my replace tasks.

I don’t even know how many of the individual items I will have time to do and since the game has a currency specific to the weekly list and about half of the possible earnings are tied to clearing all items in the list I will just wait until I get a more favourable list.

It feels very weird actively choosing not to play for a whole week because of a game design element that is seemingly designed towards players which has no life outside playing video games.

2 Likes

I pretty much end up speed running missions on uprising just to get it over with, but its still time consuming and takes time away from playing on the difficulties i want to play on.
As well as forcing me to focus solely on one or two characters if i want to complete at least two sets of bounties, basically removing the character flexibility we used to have.

Horrible design, its like having to do chores before you can really enjoy yourself without having some kind of deadline looming over you.

3 Likes

Yep, a solid game plagued by poor systems that don’t even work well together.

I wonder what other game that in recent years had nothing but poor systems that drove people away after years of putting up with it’s crap.
They continue to think that some of the systems to have in place are good and healthy for the game people are just going to give up and move on.

Yeah, weekly contracts are a pain and aren’t that fun, actually made me not want to play after seeing I needed 2000 melee kills needed on my veteran. Like, the specialized range character needed to not shoot, bruh. They should be something you get done anyway like with Vermintide. Get X missions done (without being insane with the number needed), get headshots (which the right weapon can farm them), get X kills (throw the ranged/melee and dregs/scabs out). Those you can get done just by playing normally. Whole system needs an overhaul either by being easier/quicker or being shared across all characters. Made my own post so just putting more numbers under other similar posts.

This is so on point. I could not agree more.
Fatshark nailed the 40k gameplay, but their weekly contracts system should be changed to be per account asap, for the reasons you describe in your post.

I think it’s 1000 melee/ranged kills max. Either way, the effort of your entire team should count, so you can keep pew-pewing. Maybe team up with a few zealots or ogryns.

The distinction between scabs and dregs is a bit annoying though, as you sometimes can go for 10 games with only one or two being filled with e.g. scabs.

Got both 1000 melee kills needed for dregs and scabs, hence 2000. Do appreciate a good charging zealot or rowdy ogryn when melee is needed and vets and psykers when ranged is