The End Times or The Old World for another tide game?

• The End Times
  • The Old World
  • Not another Warhammer Fantasy tide-game
0 voters

So if we get a new Warhammer Fantasy tide game after Vermintide 2 would you guys like the setting of the End Times or The Old World?

The basic differences between these are of course that the End Times is the period of current Vermintide games, the Total War games and the game which was finished/abolished by GW and was followed by Age of Sigmar.

The Old World is the re-released Warhammer Fantasy Game as presently released by GW and set about, I think it was, 300 years or so before the End Times and if I recall just before the Great War of Chaos. So a bit different from what we’ve get in the End Times even if things are mostly recognizible.

1 Like

I’d rather have ET or AoS

Or even not tied to Warhammer at all (half of it to see how FS can do without GW)

ET/8th: Dreadfleet, Greentide.

AoS: Greentide, Bonetide/Deathtide.

Old Wolrd as it currently is a flawed idea, it is lowering some options (doesn’t mean things aren’t impossible) without really adding any

1 Like

I think the main reason Id like another End Times Tide is to continue the adventures of our intrepid Ubersreik 4, or 5, it doesnt matter!

Otherwise Id love to see another Tide game of any type really.

1 Like

Continuing with the Ü5 would be cool but given how Lohner’s Journal is going it looks to me like we’re going for a last hurrah or a breakup of the team. Could be different of course but that’s how it looks to me. Personally I would love more stuff with the Ü5 but I’ve stated what I think above.

For myself I would favor The Old World as that would allow for the heroes to face down some sort of calamity without the end of the world hanging over them.

Beyond the Greentide and Deadtide which I’ve heard before I would also suggest an option where the heroes are part of an expedition to Khemri consisting of desperados who needs lots of money and fast and are willing to take extreme risks to get that money.

With Tomb Kings as the enemy which would make the scenario of exploring and looting Khemri tomb complexes as opposed to fight Skaven and Rotblood plots, and perhaps also tangle with other prospective tomb robbers be they Greenskins, Skaven, Norscans or whatever is added to the game, but with the undead legions of the Tomb Kings as the main foes.

I would certainly be a different experience compared to Vermintide and Darktide.

afaik, in AoS powerful people from the old world can come back. I dont know much about the new Old World setting but it would have to be new characters although Kerillian and Bardin could appear since its 300 years? before WHF is set. I might be wrong about this.

Vt3 for me is somewhat of a difficult project, while the Skavens (and their allies) could easily (Lorewise, not dev/mechanic wisd) be quadrupled in roster size the U5 themselves kinda are at the end of their normal lore.

And I’d rather see new untapped tides than Skaven for the 3rd time.

1 Like

There’s so many interesting factions in Warhammer. If they were to make a game taking place in a different era, sure we’d have to say goodbye to these characters, but the possibilities would be nearly endless.

3 Likes

Honestly so would I

NGL I hate AoS so no thank you

That universe have zero stakes since everyone is confirmed to come back from the dead. There’s no consequences in that universe and it’s the epitome of trying too hard to be wacky and crazy.

Stick with Fantasy. Asides from Skaven (which I hope we keep seeing no matter what), there’s also green skin, tomb kings, vampire counts, other chaos tribes worshipping Slaanesh etc., Lizardmen, etc.

Short notice though. The Lizardmen are among the good guys in the Warhammer Fantasy world.

Only the Stormcast do, and certain undeads

But they operate in “tides” so they would work quite well, and having outsiders of Lustria trying to invade the forest/Temples (either having us play as Chaos Warriors, or as Empire colons, like TWW2 “The Hunter and the Beast” work)

So while they couldn’t be a tide in the same game as a Skaven tide (or at least they would need to have the ability to “fight” each other) unless they’re kept to different missions/maps

Honestly…and it hurts my very soul to say this…i think the U4, or 5…dosent matter…can meet an end worthy of only the greatest heros in the current timeline. I love them so much…even the elf but their story has to end sometime.

On the next tide game id say put it in the old world setting and put us against greenskins. Call it Greentide or something.

Black Orcs, Goblin Cutthroats, squig suiciders…lets steal a squiggoth (smallish one) from 40k as a monster.

Ogre enemies…ogre merc as a player?? I think it could go in a good direction but not so far as to alienate the vermintide fans

1 Like

A non-warhammer game would be interesting. I’d love to see how much more creative they get (or don’t!). Would their speed improve? Would they structure their gameplay or world building differently?

Only time can tell.

2 Likes

Dwarves in moria…tide? If we are going outside the warhammer realm?

I kinda do too, but mostly because they destroyed the old world to create it.

The models are great. The setting is a bit meh to me but I might warm to it so long as everything isnt space mari… sorry, stormcast eternal this and stormcast eternal that!

Games Workshop had a crossover with LotR its entirely possible that if they did a LotR Tide game, it would still be a GW title. I would love a LotR Tide game!

Edit: Ringtide!

LotR kinda is a less expansive (in therm of what you can make the character do) warhammer (love LotR but it would just end up being Warhammer fantasy but less varied)

Also LotR has an Ip holder as difficult to work with as GW tbf.

If FS make its own setting/lore, I would see them do either Weird War 2 (based on the Occult research of the Nazi, and having characters from Allied force having been paired up for missions); Mythology; or something from a lesser known Ip (Wheel of Time, Mistborn/Stormlight, Malazan, anything by Michael Moorcock…), who still are masterworks in their own standings

Not a big AoS fan. But it doesn’t have to be limited to fantasy for my sake. I’d just prefer it if the “good guys” weren’t always the protagonists. I could also imagine a coop game ala V1/V2/DT with heroes from the ranks of the Vampire Lords or Norsca, or you could realize some kind of fictional prequel of the Nightlords of the First Claw around Talos Valcoran (pre-trilogy). Perhaps also something more story-driven and with a stronger focus on this. And less of this weird snippet hunt with some short stories and audio files on 3 different platforms.

Yes, but they also have a pattern of attacking other good guys due to various reasons such as unknowingly walking in their forests or temple ruins, to grabbing an object that turned out to be sacred, to some esoteric interpretation of the Old Ones plan

Plus… imagine how cool it would be to have dinosaurs and kroxigors. The tide portion can be various skinks and saurus being rough equivalent to elites.

The only ones I could comment on is Weird War II and Wheel of Time.

Weird War II Tide would be cool but I feel as that would make it more gun-focused it would be more of sequal to Darktide than to Vermintide with Vermintide’s focus on melee combat.

As for Wheel of Time I personally find the magic there to be OP. So I don’t know how well that would work with a tide game. It feels like mundane equipment would be totally overshadowed by magic.