The current crafting and loot systems cannot be fixed, they need to go

I recorded this video in the hopes of addressing what my main concerns are with the terrible loot and crafting systems are, and why they don’t belong in this game.
It is basically a slightly cleaned up verison of a post I have already made in the thread concerning the upcoming changes, which while good, are only making a system that’s broken at its core slightly more palatable.

The random loot isn’t exciting, there is no weapon variety. All the variety between two weapons of the same type boils down to “is this new gun better than the one I have ?”.

I instead want to get rid of the abhorrent loot lottery, and have each weapon simply come in one form, that is viable as a baseline, and then have a proper customization system that lets me engage with my gear in the long run, instead of not having the ability, or even any reason to modify my weapon once I have an ideal one.

I don’t believe for a second anyone at fatshark really thinks the system they’ve made is conductive to any kind of variety and diversity, and instead I believe it to be a misguided attempt to drive player engagement, completely destroying it in the process.

I do not know if this violates any kind of self promotion rule, but I figured I might get more of an interesting discussion going on here than on the subreddit.

4 Likes

Tbh as much as I know it’s not going to happen I really wish they went for more of a system that Payday 2 or Deep Rock has.

I vastly prefer the idea of the acolytes building and tweaking an arsenal of weapons and tools that they upgrade and modify over time vs just getting whatever random crap happens to appear in the store.

On the low end of customization it would have been nice to make smaller modifications to rof, accuracy, reload time, aim time, move speed etc.

On the higher end I really would have enjoyed swapping mags for higher cap longer reload or the opposite as well as making major changes to weapon functions (IE swapping what ammo the bolter uses, changing bayonets / flashlights, swap the alt ammo loaded in the lawbringer for slugs/he/fire, swap the melee of the slab shield out).

Then maybe have your blessings represented by, well, a blessing that you can apply via a scroll and make some of those the reward for doing higher end stuff or have that be your random aspect (ie Overclocks).

I know people are going to complain that everyone will run meta weapons but that is already happening with the power sword / combat axes mostly out of necessity to save sanity. The system isn’t magically deep just because people can’t easily find the meta weapons, it’s just annoying and hiding the lack of balance with the bandaid of no one can find jack or logically/ steadily work towards a breakpoint.

2 Likes