The Book of Grudges: Because Fatshark Won't Listen

I hate this RMT shop so much.

Cool, it should stop being their regular behavior. Don’t break something, claim you have the fix ready, and then go on vacation without fixing it.

And then push another update that may have broken something else.

I’m not excusing them, I’m still salty about them taking a fking month off after the dumpsterfire launch.

I think they planned it that way in hopes the backlash would be all gone away by the time they came back.

makes ya think…

And that’s dangerous so you should cease it immediately

4 Likes

My kindred

Cosmetic set priced pretty much same as a steam key for Darktide or it’s DLC class. Outsourced to a low cost creative design labour force and high margins effort vs price. It was never about affordability, but the value. The value of a skin set is far less than steam key of Darktide or it’s DLC, but priced similarly? Clear difference in effort too.

I could buy a luxury car in straight cash, doesn’t mean I would if I don’t see value to myself. Affordable vs value.

General acceptance of this price or using recolours to attempt justification as whole new set has led to focus more on skins than content.

Content reduced to same old maps over and over, maybe decent new ones only twice a year but with same biomes and temporary events are visual changes to existing maps or spawn modifiers, not actual new maps.

The measure of skins revenue VS Adding new maps to attract new game purchases. The direction is clear.

Chasing trends instead of focusing on inner quality. Short-term thinking Vs Long-term vision.

Currently £10 Darktide steam key is great value due to replayability. But that’s where it stops, new regular maps nope, just skins cash cow thereafter.

Forum has lots of ideas from people, but we know it is all hopes that don’t come to fruit. To set low expectations is best because history has proved it’s case.

Maps are still neutered by the mission selection screen. It will have the same issue that the previous board has where the more maps and modifiers that comes out, the smaller % of content are available at a time, locking out choices for people. Foundation, foundation, foundation. It’s a bad idea to keep adding things when the infrastructure to access them is so shaky.

What bothers me is how skewed the ‘value’ is.

They charge the same for Arbites as they do for a skin.

I genuinely don’t understand why said skins are so stupidly expensive yet so stingy and often poorly designed.

people get angry if content is behind too big a paywall, and way more lenient if “optional cosmetics” are overpriced.

More cosmetics griping.

Thanks to @camsmith1453 for bringing these to my attention.

Also we’re hitting character limits AGAIN apparently. IG Arbites brought in a lot of grudgin’

Yknow this seems to have been a thing a while ago before I even got Darktide, but was Fatshark referring to us as “Rejects” really a bad thing? It sounds like fun harmless flair to me. Helldivers does it and it’s pretty entertaining.

I personally never had an issue with it for the same reasons you mention, but apparently enough folk did that they eventually stopped. I suppose it would have stopped making sense anyways when coptide dropped.

I didn’t personally, but it was a perennial complaint and I could see why it was infuriating early on (when stuff was REALLY broken). I will also point out that HD2 plays with it in a positive way rather than a ‘yeah you’re scum’.

It’s no longer a thing anymore, anyway.

Insane you typed all that up, a very reasonable and calmly explained mini essay in response to a single sentence, then @Lexxxielove just never responded…

I’d feel a bit peeved if I were you! I wanna say great post though. At least the rest of us enjoyed reading it.

thx, i must have overlooked those threads. quite strange to have that much artwork sitting in the files and waiting for… what exactly?

So much of Fatshark’s problems seem to come from ‘we didn’t have someone hit send’, so to speak. There’s so much stuff just sitting there that would earn a ton of goodwill if released.