The Achlys stubber is ALMOST how they all should hip fire

Well Fatshark, congrats, you got close to actually implementing an FPS mechanic the way they’ve been designed for probably close to two decades now (Not because that’s just how it is, but because it feels the best and is the most enjoyable way.

By this, I mean not having a trigger delay when hip firing the Achlys Stubber.

Why don’t all the Stubbers hip-fire this way? It’s not broken, it doesn’t make them imbalanced. It just makes them more enjoyable to fire. Is that a problem?

But of course, it still isn’t the way it should be. You still can’t click rapidly and fire off multiple rounds, there’s some stupid delay in between firing after you release the button, of course.

Stop trying to reinvent FPS mechanics, you guys aren’t good at it. Just go play some good FPS games, and copy what they do. It’s what we all want.

3 Likes

A question if i may. Why would you ever do that on a weapon where you have a full auto mode and which isnt designed for precise fire, more going for “accuracy by volume”?

Killing off stray poxwalkers, trying to hit something far away (like a sniper, or a hound that has a teammate pinned), or simply because I want to. The question remains why the devs should be able to dictate how I fire a weapon when there’s absolutely no mechanical reason to make it fire like that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.