Pulling the Bolter out - slight tweak

Whenever you pull the Bolter out (at least as the veteran) its cocks the weapon again. I’m not sure why this happens but personally, I can’t stand it. Cocking/charging the weapon increases the time between selecting it and using it by quite a noticeable amount.

The solution: Remove the animation altogether unless on a reload or first use.
I don’t understand what balance or mechanical need there is for cocking the weapon each time you take it out and on the “realism” (I use that term very lightly :P) each time you’re doing that you’re ejecting a usable round.

What do you all think?

1 Like

It’s been raised before. It’s meant for balance even if the animation used doesn’t really make sense. I think they should remove it and weapon switching should be instant but we’ll just have to see how the devs take the feedback on board!

1 Like

No because “muh balance”
I’d rather it stay, if they remove the cocking animation they will nerf the gun instead.

Old post :sweat_smile:
FYI they changed that on bolter and autoguns a while back: instead of cocking everytime it does a couple other different animations when you draw

1 Like

And the animation is still here because it’s needed to balance the different weapons