THANK YOU THANK YOU (bolter) THANK YOU!

You guys changed the bolter from ‘rack the action’ to ‘forward bolt assist’ on swap.

This is a massive improvement. I grant, I’d much rather have no speed bump, but ensuring the bolt is closed… is so much better then racking the action every time.

Now, would it be possible to NOT get a speed bump when using a grenade/opening a door or a vault or really, doing anything except maybe coming back from melee?

Eh, Don’t want to distract too much.

THANK YOU! You listened. This is something we can live with.

Slapping the bolt to ensure it’s closed is … eh, some will say it’s excessive on anything but a failure to fire, but it’s still so BIG AN IMPROVEMENT.

You guys listened… I hope the autoguns are next!

(For anyone who doesn’t know, the bolt on a weapon needs to be all the way forward to be closed. If it fails to go all the way, it isn’t closed, and it’s dangerous to fire. usually only a problem after firing a while because the char/smoke/carbon fouling builds up on the moving parts and impedes movement. For this reason, the AR15 has a button on the side to help close the bolt, but if you have a reciprocating charging handle you thump that)

Which is what they changed the bolter equip animation to. Previously we just worked the action like loading it, which was driving half of us nuts.

You guys changed it. IT’s been noted.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

3 Likes

This was a big one for me! Drove me nuts. I was pretty excited by this change too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

bolter is still useless because it has no ammo

^^ This is bait.

And I’m too busy being happy about the change to bite.

Considering we’re rejects, these are probably bottom of the barrel bolters that are barely functioning. Giving them a good slap is acceptable in my book!

1 Like

We are part of the Inquisition. After Level 30 we are even redeemed from our sins against the golden throne. Then we are a 100% member of the Inquisitional strike team warband.

That means that the Gear we get to use is by far the best anyone can get. The inquisition has access to the best weaponry.

1 Like

The bolt is actually not fully closed on that one. We’re smashing it for good reasons :wink:

1 Like

This might just be my imagination, but it seems like they changed how the reload functions as well when swapping to the gun. Instead of having to go through the swapping animation before being able to reload, the reload animation can be engaged when swapping to an empty gun, or something like that.