Thank God I didn't bought The Winds of Magic (XBOX)

I play on XBox, as others have mentioned. I have 700+ hours in this game. Its safe to say its one of my favorites in recent history. TL;DR - I agree with the sentiment that the game has become… shall we say, cumbersome to play? If I might have a moment to explain:

Meta problems
I can agree that before the latest patch, there were some issues with the Metagame. Everyone ran pretty much the same builds / characters. Lots of zealots, shades, mercs. This did make the game predictable, but at the same time you’d end up with a portion of the community being elitist snobs, talking some serious garbage over the mic if you didn’t play how/who they wanted you to play.

So, at the very least, the patch DID fix the meta issues because now I find playing zealot and slayer (my 2 favorite classes) is extremely hard in comparison to before. Even merc feels like a step backwards in power.

However, the first problem I NOW see with the Metagame, is that waywatcher is a freakin’ goddess of unstoppable power. Like, WTF? Suddenly its okay to just stand back and fire an unbelievable number of arrows at literally every mob, only to be able to refresh your ammo with very little effort and repeat the process? How does this support the new combat system? (A sidenote: I am now consistently being friendly fired because everyone is too focused on ranged damage to care about teamwork)

Temp health
Before the patch, I feel like it was decently easy to build temp health if you played the game well (I.E. making sure your dodges were good, you blocked when necessary, and kept from simply spamming the attack). Now, after the patch, I cannot build more than what feels like 10 temp health at a time before it either depletes or I get hit. Dodging no longer matters IN THE LEAST. Want to get out of the way with a well-timed dodge? Not anymore; you still get hit because all the enemies swivel during their attack. Okay, dodge backwards then? Nope, because suddenly I am now surrounded by the most silent enemies ever.

I feel like the change in how temp health works is now encouraging the behavior to spam attacks even more than before, due to how little I seem to gain / how quickly it depletes. This COULD be tied to the next issue, though.

Connection issues
Wow, what happened? Loading times feel increased (they were already pretty abysmal) and when I DO connect to someone, I always have bad ping. Now, this could be why I’m having such a bad time in the game. If there’s even a small amount of lag on Legend difficulty, you can say goodbye to having a good time. Being hit while you hold the block button just feels like a broken game, not a lack of skill.

This could also be why I can’t build any temp health, because I am unable to play the game at the correct speed (I.E. a full second behind what’s really happening). This is unfortunate, but the only solution I see here is hosting the game every single time, and honestly that is hardly a solution. Sometimes you just want to hit up the quickplay and get into a full group.

In conclusion
So, it seems like the Metagame has changed, but I’m not sure its for the better. It feels harder to be “good” at the game but not because of the difficulty. Yes, Legend used to be difficult if you had people that were challenged by Champion. But now, it feels like the entire core of the game has changed years after being published. This is not the game I fell in love with.

These are just my opinions. I’m not saying anyone is right or wrong. I just feel like some questionable choices were made that have impacted my ability to have fun.

Have a great day, all.

8 Likes

Yea , They “ruined” the game , after the update I stopped playing this game ,It’s not the game i was playing for hours to late night. I used to play NBA 2k16 every day , when they released NBA 2k17 with all those changes i simply stopped playing NBA 2K and moved to NBA LIVE , So I hope there will a similar game to this in the near future

I like this feedback; it’s well constructed! :smiley:

I think some of the thp issues come from lack of accessibility while dodging and the fact that in your current patch on console, cleave thp is nerfed, so you’re left with kill, stagger, or crit/headshot (the latter of which can be a little bit finicky on a controller). PC is currently in beta with cleave thp back right now; so hopefully it’ll stick and you’ll see that push through and you’ll have an easier time retaining thp.

The new tracking punishes back dodge more as well in 2.0; which can also be somewhat of a thorny problem on a controller. It’s def doable, just a little more difficult than before since the windows are less forgiving.

Aren’t you the guy who doesn’t know what tHP is and what stagger is? And the same dude who spammed like 5 threads about how this game got ruined and when people say otherwise you just respond with “cmon bruh game is bad you know you agree bruh cmon man”?

6 Likes

Yes, that’s me :grinning:

2 Likes

So you’re just trolling?

1 Like

Nah , I’m just being me .

3 Likes

Those things are not mutually exclusive

12 Likes

As a WS main, I can assure you she was like this before as well. Most people just didn’t use the right build with ammo on headshot. You could fire your ULT with your bow out and regen 9 ammo, then you had your passive ammo regen as well. It was even worse before the big balance beta where you could get 18 ammo on ULT with the right talents. She’s always been a powerhouse, especially with hagbane and longbow. People constantly under estimated hagbane, you can even look back at the threads on here with people talking about how weak hagbane is when you could solo kill a boss in 20 seconds with it.

Like I said, WS was always one of the strongest classes in the game. People just liked the shade because she could 1 shot bosses with the right build. I can also see her being not as popular on console due to her needing to land headshots with the longbow. Which is probably very hard to do with a control versus a mouse.

About the zealot, he actually got a buff to his thp generation and his ULT. Which he can keep up for nearly every single engage with the right build now. He’s just not as tanky, so you need to know how to dodge weave and push to get the most out of him.

1 Like

Well now you can get 100% ammo on ult because its count for every elite killed by ult not only first one
and zealot lost literally 12% dmg resist, and got ridiculous buff

I’ve suggested dropping her base ammo down by 50% which would fix that. She got a 100% ammo increase because she was so bad in the WoM beta. 50% should work fine now that she can proc ammo back on every special and elite killed instead of just specials like before with 100% less ammo.

1 Like

Iʻve read a few of this guyʻs posts. Iʻm with perteks on this one: surprised he didnʻt get banned from posting. Look at the grammar. Look at the topic of his posts. This is a troll at best, a 5th grader at worst.

3 Likes

Yo my bad I’m Mexican. before you judge someone make sure you’re perfect

I thought you were Roma? At least you said you were before. None the less, you’ve failed to provide any feedback besides “yo game ruined”. So I’m gonna go ahead and close this thread as it’s run its course.

3 Likes