[Surge Staff] Warp Flurry cancels crits and last damaging hit from occuring

Issue Description:
Nomanus Mk VI Surge Staff Force Staff that has the blessing Warp FLurry will after 4 chained attacks not do any critical hits that is about to occur. As well as causing the last and biggest damaging hit to not happen at all.

This causes the Surge Staff to become ‘useless’ after 4 chained secoundary attacks.

If 10 low charge attacks is chained together, 6 of them will not do any critical hits and all of those 6 attacks will not deal the last and biggest damaging hit.

I compared the attacks with a Surge Staff that didn’t have the Blessing Warp Flurry and found that the Staff which had Warp Flurry had about 40-50% the damage output of the staff that didn’t have the Blessing Warp Flurry on it on 10 low charge chained secoundary attacks.

Surge Staff in tests

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enter the Psychadium as the Psyker and wield the Surge Staff with the Blessing Warp Flurry.
  2. Use either low charge or fully charged attacks chained together.
  3. Note the sound indicator that a critical hit will occur.
  4. Note that the last hit that deals the majority of the attacks damage isn’t happening.
  5. Repeat step 1 to 4 with a Surge Staff that doesn’t have Warp Flurry.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[76561198005085980/Steam Profile URL/Oxonium ¨,'.¨]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[03/11/2023, 01:30PM] [CET]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
See much much more detail in the test that i’ve done here.
Surge Staff testing

Test With Warp FLurry

Test Without Warp Flurry

Upload Console Log:
03/12/2023
console-2023-03-12-14.12.10-66806208-bcc0-4270-b143-5786af079fd6.log (158.2 KB)

03/11/2023
console-2023-03-11-10.00.25-19de46b7-373f-45e3-9d28-97fd36e5f3f2.log (852.2 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (803.8 KB)

3 Likes

Possibly related to this issue Warp Flurry on the surge staff still does not work as intended

1 Like

It is related to it, yup.
But what i’ve discovered in my testing is that the Surge Staff looses almost all damage output after just chaining 4 attack as the 5th attack and onwards will not crit nor will them deal the bigger chunk of damage in the end.

I assume weapon swapping resets the issue?

It does not apply in the same way if yoy’re using fullt charged attacks, the bug appears when you’re spamming low charge attacks.

But yeah, the problem is gone wif you’re swapping the weapon for a weapon that doesn’t have the Warp Flurry blessing.

2 Likes

I will check it out properly with mods being installed, so I can see if the blessing persists on weapon swap.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.