Suggestions to make tank ogryn more rewarding

I’ve been playing with a taunt and stagger heavy build with shield taunt on block, a lot of CDR, and a ton of stamina regen and block efficiency to be mobile.

It’s fun, however I feel like while the damage output of the shield is great now and stagger is insane if you are building for it (don’t underestimate the thunderstrike blessing), the shield has a severe lack of QoL features and also the ogryn talent tree has 1 just 1 stamina related talent.

So my suggestions are that the shield should be able to block during the push animation and it should be able to block flamethrowers normally like the grail knight could in Vermintide 2 so you can protect hallways better and be more aggressive. Also, if the special is not getting changed, then it should at least block trappers and dogs too, given that it doesn’t let you move at all. I wouldn’t mind only having one effective dodge if the addition of all of the stuff above required a nerf.

For the talents, the one that barely reduces your push cost it’s a dead talent, the one for heavy attack interruptions is worthless too. Reusing talents from V2 is an option and they fit right in: talent that pushes enemies on dodge (so you can’t get bodyblocked by a poxwalker), taunt upgrade to give it block cost reduction during the duration, talent to give you stamina regen after pushing or heavies, or a chance to get stamina on block break would be very welcomed additions to the ogryn.

This would nerf the weapon for everyone who plays well, while buffing it for the worst players, enabling them to plonk down and ignore everything that happens.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.