(Suggestion) Vampire Counts as a new enemy Faction?

A vampire possessed by a demon of Nurgle and a follower of Heinrich Kemmler? That seems great! (Take note of this Fatshark :wink: )

Also in the history of Heinrich Kemmler the city of Bogenhafen is mentioned, it´s an important fact.

2 Likes

Hmmm thats sounds interesting…
During the End Times Isabella was restored to unlife by the Dark God Nurgle, who warped and twisted her into an ideal tool for destroying the undead. Possessed by a daemon, she led a huge army of Nurgle daemons to invade Sylvannia alongside the Nameless ( Drachenfels :wink: ).
But in this situation, she is not formally undead/vampire. She’s some kind of demon vessel or puppet in Nurgle rotten hands.

3 Likes

I think ultimately, fun is the biggest factor for things, and a new enemy faction would be fun. Given how the undead are the root of this style of game, it’d feel so right to see them in Vermintide. Given that we have yet to see a new Left 4 Dead, Vermintide would become even more of a stand-in for it. XD

@Angerblaze, I just finished reading The Black Plague series, that was a really good one. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry for going of topic but how amazing would beastmen be as a new faction???!! They would make a perfect inbetween fit between Chaos and skaven. They are generally bigger and beefier but they would have no shields and no armor. They might not have big waves of minidudes but come in patrols (or rather herds) and ambushes (Beast-Paths) much more frequent. Additional having bray-shamans as specials, which just buff a herd into frenzy would make for some pretty heavy encounters and make all ranged special-snipers p**s their pants.

And just imagine the awesome Bosses/Minibosses!! Fighting Ghorgons (i.e. fourarmed giant Minotaurs). You could even add in flying enemies such as harpies or Jabberslythes which would be very interesting to fight (although it might wreak havoc on the engine or on some maps)

2 Likes

I’d be excited to see either Vampire Counts or Beastmen. Personally, I’m a bit of a Vampire Count fan so I’d love to see them as enemies at some point. But I would enjoy immensely the addition of any of the Warhammer factions so long as they fit the lore. Anything that improves enemy diversity and replayability is a plus in my book.

I agree that Beastmen would probably be easier to implement, but I personally feel they would have less to offer in terms of being original new enemies. Or, at least, I feel that the Undead would be more… new, I guess you could say.
Maybe some Beastmen units as a new enemy type for the Chaos faction? That would make some sense, and we could have cool new bosses or new elites.

But if we’re talking about a new faction altogether, I would really love to see the Undead, or even the Greenskins (even harder to fit in lore-wise, though), as I feel they would be a breath of fresh air and would provide with many new exciting foes/locations to experience.

1 Like

I’m not sure how close to the lore will they be keeping. Vermintide starts at 2523, the same year that the Auric Bastion, or Wall of Faith has been built:

!!! S P O I L E R A L E R T !!!

In 2523 IC, during Volkmar the Grim’s crusade against Sylvania a young man called Dieter, an uninspired and minor apprentice of the Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic Balthasar Gelt, came to his master with an idea. By using the icons of faith that Mannfred von Carstein had cast out buried throughout the region, Gelt could combine magic and faith in such as way as to imprison all Undead within the borders of that blighted region.

Since the crusade against the VC happened in 2523, we could possibly have missions revolving around that crusade, before the wall has been built.
Personally, I’d love to hear that FS isn’t bound by contract towards GW to blindly follow the End Times. It would give them more freedom and space to adapt the story.

2 Likes

I think there is cause to have the Vampires as enemy / new playable characters, although Kemlar got a city dropped on him by Arkan, due to his alliance to the Chaos, but I believe that when Nagash was reborn he resurrected Vlad and fought alongside the Empire at the Bastion. I think? my memory is a bit off on it.

Actually A vampire could be a new Anti-Hero

A Vampire could be a cool idea for a new playable hero, too. It would be a stretch, but it could make for interesting dialogue lines between our heroes.

One could imagine a rogue vampire forced to ally with the Ubersreik 5, and their reluctance to accept him/her in their ranks. After all, vampires in WET are not necessarily evil (not utterly evil, let’s say).
It would be easy to imagine a few cool powers and passive traits: vampirism, anyone? The new hero could heal themselves by grabbing an enemy and draining them, or maybe a simple passive lifesteal upon melee strikes?
Teleports, invisibility, a realm of possibilities!

Vlad vampire lord had a sword that was absorbing blood

Please, let’s keep this topic clean of “new character” posts :slight_smile: There’s more than enough other topics about that theme and the Vampire character ideas (just search Genevieve on the Feedback forum and you will find a lot of results). This topic is about VCs as a new possible faction.

2 Likes

This image was removed from the FS website. I have always thought that the 3rd enemy would arrive.

2 Likes

Yup, I though the same when I first saw that image. The only logical missing faction from that picture are Beastmen. If we ever get a third faction in Vermintide 2, it will probably be a Nurgle herd of Beastmen.

Ekhm in orange box u have simply group of clanrats. The green box, on the left, contains stormvermin (arrow over head) and ratogre. Sorry, on this picture there is no hint about new enemy faction :frowning:

@Angerblaze I also think that Pestigors will be good choice for new enemies
Bez%C2%A0tytu%C5%82u

1 Like

I think that @SrRaulCL wanted to point out the empty place of the image as a strange composition and a possible hint or a placeholder for a third enemy faction.

5 Likes

Oh, ok I must misunderstand that in this case. Placeholder? Maybe, who know? But I do not know if it’s not a bit of searching for secrets that are not there.

The issue here is that sometimes devs have a whole lot of great/awesome ideas for the future of their game, but most of these never survive the harsh reality that is actually developing and maketing the game (be it for scheduling reasons, balance considerations, marketing/licensing issues, etc…).

So they probably envisioned adding a third faction when the game first came out, doens’t necessarily mean they still plan on doing it (remember the original roadmap?).

I still have hope, though :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.