[Suggestion] Skitarii

I’ve been playing Drarktide for a few weeks, and I found it very fun, although I think many more things can be implemented, among which would be the idea that occurred to me for this post.

My suggestion is to add a new class that would be the Skitarii as a kind of rebel or infidel to the machine god of the mechanicus cult itself, but instead of being killed or turned into a servant, he was sent to the penal battalions of the inquisition.

It would work with some other generic weapon of the empire, whether melee or ranged, but obviously also with unique and specific weapons of the mechanicus such as voltaic weapons, phosphorus weapons, transonic weapons and even improved prosthetics or extra bionic weapons that come out of the back part.

The skill tree could contain anything from blessings from the machine god so that one’s own or companions’ weapons do more damage, drones or small machines that attack enemies, and perhaps even generate a plasma force field or electrify an area with a determined scope.

Personally, I think it would be a very interesting and beneficial implementation for the game, so it would be very interesting to delve deeper into the topic, so do not hesitate to give your opinions and such, thank you very much Jsjs.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

The idea came out few times in the forums already:

There are several more topics, just type it into the search bar :slight_smile: Many of them are closed though, so I am glad you posted your suggestion!

Nonetheless, I would like to play as a skitarii, say what you want, the superadvanced cyborg wearing priest robes and using a plasma gun vent to precisely burn a pile of incense to calm the Machine Spirit with each reload is just awesome.

I can imagine it working as a Rejected Skitarii. Let’s assume our Skitarii unit was too human, faulty or in any way problematic for the AdMech to tolerate. But instead of being repurposed as a door handle or servitor toilet seat, Inquisitor Grendyl called in some favors and took a handful of Skitarii Rejects into his warband.

Lore-wise, Skitarii have a lot of equipment and their disposal, so it would be possible to develop several distinctive playstyles. Power-issues due to Skitarii being supercyborgs can be also mitigated by the fact, that we play as a Reject, which by definition isn’t the best of the best what the Skitarii Cohorts have to offer.

I see also potential of some epic banter in Lingua Technis between our potential skitarii and Hadron or Servo-Skulls, a banter than nobody else in the team could actually follow.

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m the only one proposing this idea, it’s good to know that there are others proposing these types of Jsjs ideas.

I love where you address how they could be implemented from the story side, maybe something that could push the idea even further within the story and game would be that another reason they would have Skitarii would be because of the arrival of the forces of the Dark Mechanicus to Atoma Prime or something like that, so added to the favors with Grendyl, there would be some presence of the Mechanicus for the same reason as the traitor forces.

Regarding the jokes that could happen between the Skitarii, Hadron or the Servo-Skulls, I would be very happy if it were as you mention Hahaha, it would also be entertaining and interesting to see the interactions that the Skitarii would have with the Zealots or the Psychics, whether for themes religious or marginalized.

I really hope that this concept of the Skitarii can be implemented in the game later Jskjs.

Skitarii as itself don’t really make sense with the Rejects, at least for the Archetype’s backstory (Though would probably work for a personality)

Simply because it would not make sense as a Reject itself.

That’s why you get Abnett and/or another warhammer lore writer and make a new thing, even if it need to be Moebian restricted to work as a Tech Reject that start at the same-ish place but get Admech stuff

1 Like

Skitarri would be a horrible idea. They’re almost servitor level soldiers. Sone low ranking dosgraced tech preist makes more sense on every level and adds tons more options for class builds and weapon options.

1 Like

That could be another alternative, but it would be limiting the technological issue to a single unit, then other implementations would also have to be made to the other existing ones, so in the end it would be practically the same, but with the drawback, which would be more limited in terms of modifications.

That would also be a very good option, in itself the idea of ​​the concept is to be able to use a unit that belongs to the mechanicus, be it Skitarii or low-rank techno priest, so that can also be applied.

Yeah people keep saying skittari but a more generic tech priest would be far better. Could easily fit within how the tech trees are laid out with three district blitz and ability options with abilities being damage, support, or machine based (maybe bring something back like the gatling Bardin had on engineer so maybe a deployable turret) then who cares about aura that can literally be just 3 options of whatever the other 4 don’t already have, attack speed, crit chance, and stamina efficiency come to mind as good candidates. Capstones could be almost anything.

Skittari don’t make much sense because they are almost exclusively stationed on forge worlds, Atoma Prime is a hive world. A cult mechanicus member I think does make the most sense as the next class if and when they get off their arses and make a new class, I just don’t see it being a skittari (for the lore reason but also because they are basically just cyborg sharpshooter veteran with a different kit)

2 Likes

You make good points about him being a member of the Mechanicus cult instead of being a Skitarii, since it objectively makes more sense with the game’s story and mechanics. I think that later I will make a post going deeper into the concept but directed from this perspective Haha (I still need to learn certain things about the game in greater depth), but we cannot deny that using a religious fanatic cyborg must be very entertaining Jskjs.

I mean the class could still very well have a “skitarii-esque” build to it and absolutely should have some of their unique weapons.

1 Like

the problem of any disgraced techpriest/skitarii or captured heretek ideas is that hadron would either demand they stay on ship to aid her in her work so she could keep an eye on them, or more probably servitor them promptly at least unless they were considered undeserving of even that and tossed in a furnace, not recruited as a fighter, lest they sneak away to turn traitor again

Same thing could be said about Psyker.

It solely lies to Abnett to write it in

Skitarri could work, your one of hardon’s minnions set down with special orders, starting you could be one of the Prisoner’s desperately wounded, Hardon walks up and Makes you into a Skitarri.

from the 7th-10th Codex it states that you only need a Torso and a Head to make a Skitarri, so you can make one from a Body of a Wounded Reject.

but to feature Archetypes you have Ranger (Long Range fire <25+M shares roles with the Veteran); Vanguard (>10M. Shock trooper, Suppression and Close Range), and Melee, With Bladed and COG clawed claws, you can go into two direction infiltrator Causes Randoms stuns in an Passive Aura, and a Rust stalker increase melee attack speed.

if you going down the Infiltrator path you keep a Range weapons, Ultimate: gain a Shade like ability, for 5 seconds, you can attack with out Breaking stealth, Augments attacks will increase the damage a target Takes by 5% Stacks 4X : ARC grenades (pluses and stun low damage, 1 Plus per 3 seconds X5)

while as a Rust stalker you gain 2 melee weapons, your Ultimate is a rush your movement speed is increase by 200%, you can’t be shot and your melee attacks are Critical for 5 secounds. augments: melee Critical last for 5 seconds after the effect has ended., Critical Causes reduction in cool downs by .5 Second’s. Sacred incense, Restore and Overcharge Toughness in X area.

AD-Mech Tech adpet. Bioologis (Medic), Generator/engineer, Dominus: War
Biologis your Heal Damage but not curruption as your combat ability you Regenerate this from those Stim-pack, your a Support your ultimate is a Full heal 90 Secound Cooldown.
Generator, if they could do things like add in Mountable weapon’s or Close and Lock door (TLDR more interactable environment). Skip over the mini-Game by it takes that long to hack. ie ~8 Seconds). you get Servo Skulls as a Combat ability which attack and Defend/Intercept shots that would hit you.
Dominus: you go to war, Aura Blessing Weapons: Increasing critical damage, Weaponry speciality/Combat ability: you have a 3rd Weapon, Flamer, Plasma-pistol/Cutter, Servo Arm (Hold’s Target in Place).

keysstone IDK.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.