Stutters/Freezes problem

Issue Description:
Stuttering and there is no end to them.

Random observations:

• the first level after starting the game does not cause difficulties and problems;
  • the decrease in frame rate becomes noticeable at the moment of increasing frame time.

If the game is left for a short time, then the problem becomes noticeable.

What was tried:

• shutting down RT;
  • disabling DLSS scaling;
  • disabling DLSS frame generation;
  • turning off nVidia reflex;
  • lowering the number of available processor threads(16 → 8).

Steps to Reproduce:
Play one level or sit in the lobby for a while and it will be seen. If you start the second level, the problem increases.

Platform:
Steam. Game was installed on PCIE 4.0 SSD.

PC specs:
cpu: AMD R9 7950X
ram: 32Gb
vcard: nVidia RTX 4090

Player ID:
Fatshark’s code for friends? If so: 7463719562.

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
It does not matter in this case, the problem is not tied to the time zone.

Reproduction Rate:
Oh-ho-ho, its Constant.

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Youtube video with enabled monitoring.

Logs for sessions showed in evidence section
console-2023-10-22-05.45.08-1d9f19eb-1f4f-44e5-835f-50cfb905eafd.log (473.3 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (839.7 KB)

so, i have a 4080/5800x3d/32gb ddr4, game on a NVME SSD and i was having almost the same issue plus low fps…
what i did to solve (at least 80%), was completely uninstall the game, delete all fatsharks folders and some other stuff

• The one from %appdata% and the one from steam folders (if you have mods, its persistant)
  • Disabling all instances of Ray tracing (there’s a guide, can’t link right now, but you have to follow a step guide to disable from user_settings.ini in the %appdata% folder)
  • Removing MSI Afterburner (this one, for some reason, was loweing my fps and a lot)

My game was really crappy after the hotfix, like, really, but after those stuffs i’ve did, it become playable again, but its not near the performance i had prior to the hotfix, when the patch 13# dropped.
Try it and let me know

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.