Stop forcing me to backfill

Stop forcing me to backfill

2 Likes

Just gimme the option to force start a fresh run with a ready screen.

And while you’re at it gimme the promised solo mode.

It should stop when you stop doing Quickplay. Quickplay has priority on backfilling and mission select will prioritize new fresh runs in most cases.

9 Likes

This ^^
And if that does not solve your issue, you can pick missions that are fresh on the board.
If the mission just appeared, there are no existing groups to backfill.

3 Likes

A good portion of the time it took me to do the penances where you need to be on a match from start to finish for it to count, was trying to find missions that weren’t already started. It was a pain in the ass.

Yes, going for fresh missions does work but once again we are having to make a way around the awful design this game has. It’s stupid.

Why are you upvoting this stupid reply

Not using quickplay isn’t any less likely to force you to backfill, it’s a myth

If you played Auric Maelstrom once in your life, you know, the mod you can’t access through quickplay, you would know

I forgot why i stopped using these forums for a hot minute, thanks for reminding me they’re even worse than reddit

It’s quite literally in the code and confirmened experience by anyone playing this game.

The matchmaking algorithm for Quickplay heavily favors backfilling.
The matchmaking algorithm for selecting a mission heavily favors creating a new game.

Doesn’t mean that going Quickplay totally excludes new matches or that selecting a mission totally eliminates backfilling. But the odds are strongly skewed.

Why are you contesting this? What is your purpose in picking a fight while making a statement that is wrong from the outset?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.