Backfill Hell

Load into defeat screen, unskippable for 30 seconds because F you i guess

Load into just about to defeat screen

Load with 3 bots, somehow

Load with a guy who thinks he can do HIST with two bots

Load into game crash

Load in at the start of the mission, but somehow you’re missing 75% your hp and ammo

Loading, Loading, Loading

Can you FFS let us opt out of backfilling, i don’t have 20 minutes to waste in loading screens every time i want to play

8 Likes

I usually do not have these issues, but asking for the option to enable/disable “join ongoing missions“ sounds reasonable.

Although it could be argued that anyone who clicks on quickplay, should expect to join an ongoing mission (filling up other lobbies is part of the reason for qp to exist in the first place).
Also, people not joining ongoing missions, would be bad for those who play in low pop areas, and would be annoying for those who lose a teammate mid map.

So maybe, the above option being disabled, should only be respected when selecting a specific mission, but not when choosing quickplay.

That said, it is hard to tell, if the benefit of having such an option would outweigh the downside of the new issues that would come with it.
I think the downside might actually outweigh the benefit. At least in low pop areas, where not many playes are around

Maybe you join into a wipe sometimes. That sucks for a moment.
Maybe you join into a 1/4 party sometimes and that might also suck for a bit.

But at the same time, it would definitely suck for the whole party, if you lost a teammate and had to play 3/4 for the rest of the mission, because no new player joins into your ongoing mission.
It would also suck if you had to re open a new lobby again and again, without actually getting to play the game, hoping to get 3 or 4 players together before the mission starts, since you won‘t get anyone to join later on.

This might be a case, where the alternatives would be worse, so we have to accept the issues that we currently have.

3 Likes

happens alot

2 Likes

Almost never happens. In my 1200 hours, this happened like 2-3 times to me. Not a real problem, and no need for an option like this. This opt out fromm filling squad would be very bad for the game. A maelstrom mission leaving the board is extremely frustrating when someone leaves the squad, you can experience there, what it is like when people opt out of filling ongoing missions.

1 Like

Must be regional then.
Basically never happens to me either.
(Western/central europe)

1 Like

This rarely happens to me. Its annoying when it does happen, but its not a problem imo.

I mean, thats pretty uncalled for. Are you saying they are lying? Am I lying? V2 has the same system and I rarely had it happen there.
Again, annoying when it does and sometimes its like a bus, happens a few times in a row, but, again, it never happens enough for me to have issue with it.

1 Like

Would much rather just skip any end screens and just load back into the morning star with a terminal that shows previous mission’s score screen since every aspect of this game takes forever to load.

3 Likes

The delay, I expect, is the handover from the game AWS instance back to another, discrete, instance of the Mourningstar.

Speed is likely not really going to get faster I don’t think unless some component is local.

Been asking for this for awhile. Would even help with some ongoing bugs with the loadouts. @FatsharkStrawHat Please make QP/backfill a checkbox or allow us to make a new lobby. Bonus points for giving us a start button or at least wait for 4 players so we can coordinate our builds.

2 Likes

In my experience, people who jump at any opportunity to accuse others of lying, are those who constantly lie themselves.

Since accusing everyone else of lying is such a great way of having a fruitful discussion, why don‘t we all agree that everyone is lying, and call it a day?

I laid it out for you 11 hours ago, in the first reply in this thread.

You can read and you can think.
At least make use of your ability to read.

2 Likes

Well thanks, what a lovely attitude you have!

Iv not actually argued for or against any QoL changes yet.

Saying there is no good faith argument isnt really an argument. Some people gave some quite good constructive criticism on why making certain changes might actually be counter productive. Im inclined to listen to them more so far considering your responses and attitude.

Btw, if Im potentially lying, so to could you be. Maybe you are actually lying about how often this happens to make your case seem stronger!

1 Like

Cool story

Total non-response.

Oh well, I get the point. I wont waste any more of your time with constructive conversation or intelligent discussion.

Have a nice day kid.

Your “problem” is the literal definition of skill issue.

This thread was a rollercoaster of emotions.

Anyway! I think there should be a second queue option to only queue into games in progress, so I can live my fantasy of being an Elysian Drop Troop.

Currently whenever I hit quickplay I’m secretly always hoping its a group having a bit of trouble.

1 Like

Somewhat getting thread back on track I have noticed a little past or even on peak times in US - East it will load the game in and boom, mission failed screen. I think a large part of that is just how long the loading time is. Even having it on am SSD and 32 gb of ram as well as fairly speedy internet it still will load at the speed of glacial drift.

Agree with general suggestion that a no game in progress cue could help but it could lead to some problems.

I just think the 75% health, no grenades, and no ammo thing either needs scrapped or needs better detection for it its a new player joining or not.

Nothing feels as bad as joining a game with a person dead, a person down, the other half dead and having none of your “oh sh-“ buttons to use. Sure I can do this as say a zealot but if you end up playing something such as a non melee vet it feels bad. It doesn’t happen often but it happens enough and it’s a bad enough moment where it sticks as a sour moment in the game overall.

2 Likes

Pfft that never happens i played 16389 hours and i saw it only once in a book with pictures

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.