Sprint?

Loving it in Darktide missing it in V2, good or bad for V2 if it was added?

-could hurt stamina control & team play if running off
+better mobility, faster team assistance & more stamina management / purpose

I don’t think we’re intending to add sprint in Vermintide, but not to say it might not happen in the future!

7 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

Very interesting to hear.

So the devs plan on killing off vermintide 2 with potentially stupid suggestions like this one? The fact this suggestion is being taken seriously at all gives me lower hopes for the games future which i didnt think was possible given fatsharks extremely negative track record over the past 5 years. Vermintide 2 does not need any of the systems darktide has and if any of the devs think otherwise then i am truly lost for words.

Please don’t.

3 Likes

potentially, not all ideas are good (weaves) not all ideas are bad (Chaos Waste), the planned idea of pvp is still out there too.

stagnation and time kill games in the end

2 Likes

You can always push attack with a dagger or heavy attack with a bretonian sword to sprint.

Adding sprinting to the game would also require meddling with movement speed of enemies, otherwise you’d just outrun everything. I would strongly prefer, if FS restrained from invading the core gameplay of v2 as much as possible if not at all. The less it shares mechanics with DT, the better.

4 Likes

Enemies are latently faster even with sprint and dashes, they catch up, and naturally lock on for inevitable (save a dash) sliding attacks even in Darktide.

Sprints rely on stamina draining your block as well maybe Handmaiden could sustain sprints and dashes but she already does it quite well if you wish to outpace your group.

I wouldn’t formulate it so unnecessary harsh.

However, in my opinion adding Sprint is not a good idea. The game suffers enough already under people constantly air-w*nking which is a culmination of everything wrong in Vermintide’s design. So any more mobility and movement speed would only add to this and further wreck balance. Honestly, the characters move already very fast. We do not need more Doom rush in the game.

1 Like

Finish the mission faster you say?

I would rather have V2 include a mash of mario kart, where the people falling behind gets speed boost, loot dice spawn a random item in your inventory and shooting teammates cause them to spin uncontrollably for a few seconds.

2 Likes

dont

Please no sprint i like that knowing weapon mechanics are more important in VT2 than they are in DT
Just learn how to use your weapons properly and that you can cancel the dodge counter by jumping in between so you have always 100% dodge range, you can chain it infinitely. Those things already make you very fast. Also some weapons have 2-3 anymation on a single attack, but you can cancel the slower part and skip it with a dodge in between. So you make advantage of only the fast parts of an attack animation (i am not speaking of blockcancel the next attack, i am speaking of skipping the one part of an animation of the same attack like Kruber’s Greathammer Heavy 1 attack, which has a slow animation at start (windup/charge up) and a fast one at the end as an execution of this attack).
You can just dodge towards your enmy while you are in the slow animation so you arent slowed and then take advantage of the fast second half of this attack. Same with elf spear.

you actually can outrun enemies if you know what you are doing, with your weapon mechanics and to keep controll of your stamina. But in one point you are right, even running and movement speed talents and + 5% movement speed on trinket alone wont make you able to outrun any of them. But thats also not how you make it work, you have to do more to outrun them. But as i said you actually can if you know your weapons and dodge mechanics

1 Like

Kiting is what makes V2 fun, challenging, and feel more rewarding. Getting hit once is a punishment in V2, in Darktide everyone has become a saltz with the ability to out heal (toughness regen) the damage. Darktide has kiting but its more boom boom bang bang kite. Both are good, but V2 just hits different cringe