Sprinting/ rushing annoyance

…it starts to become annoying again, people sprint and rush like crazy and the team wipes, because not everyone can keep up or can survive everything pulled by some players (and without support/ help from everyone they mostly also cannot stand the havoc and die.
I had 5 games in a row (heresy) when people dont look back and just sprint ahead like crazy.

atm i want to leave every game that starts with someone sprintsliding.
And not that i cant do that or haven’t done.
Played Knife, Duelling, Axe myself using sprint-dodge myself.

1 Like

Transition to damnation.

At least the people that run ahead in that diffculty know what they are doing… less often that I’d like, more often than I’d expect.

1 Like

Some random teams are just a bad combination and not a team at all.
Neither in playstyle nor regarding team spirit.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that’s really accurate, you can pretty successfully split up in Malice in almost every run. Heresy starts punishing you for it, and Damnation demands you have a strong grasp of the game and how the AI director is going to respond to you splitting up, and as you said, you can still do it in Damnation, you just may not be as successful without more experience.

1 Like

Yeah if you have 4 Vets with headhunter autoguns and regular swords, you’re probably in for a bad time when the AI Director decides to throw some Crushers or a Chaos Spawn at you.

Just play auric or malestrom maybe even damnation.
Been lvl a new char and T4 is the worst a lot of ppl being toxic and bad at the game.
Don’t realy mind if ppl mess up but being realy bad and toxic is just the worst.
Tbf kinda was like this in V2 but u could just lvl a fella in private or put on good gear and your cata frame to run higher diff

1 Like

You might just be unlucky, I’ve only seen one speed runner this month and they got netted and left. Was it one player or all 3? Whole teams rushing on difficulty 2 or 3 is fairly common because its so easy and they want a fast game for melk weekly.

Speedrunners will stop speedrunning when they are consistently kicked by the community for failing to team in a team coop game. Though IMO, FS should offer them a solo mode to play so they don’t ruin everyone else’s gaming experience. If the rest of the team can’t keep up with them then kicking them will solve that problem.

It’s more of everyone sprint-dodging ahead not searching for materials/ ressources on Heresy.
I play heresy because of the best ressource output per time and because i play pub only.
I can play damnation, i have also played Auric and Auric Twins in Damnation, but it more offen fails due to people completely underestimate it.
And i cannot carry or are that good.
On Damnation i can keep up with most group, less rushers, but more players not able to survive or beat Damnation with randoms.
I also go down here and there, mostly, because i blew myself up with high peril :see_no_evil:

I found damnation to be way better.
Having to finish a heresy mission twice as fast as a damnation one, with the randy denezins you find in heresy, is outright impossible.

I am usually the best on the team I’m on and trust me, I can’t carry a random heresy team so well that we’d finish in half the time it takes 4 people to play the game in damnation.

it’s more of a reliability thing. damnation runs can be thrown by a single player being a chump that’s trying to get people to carry them in spite of their belief the meta build they furiously threw plasteel at will save them sometimes and getting unlucky with the team means you’ll lose them when on heresy you could have pulled them across the finish line while grabbing all the mat pickups.

T4 is a bad zone. Not only is it the biggest level step-up in the whole game, but it’s also the home to players of the greatest level spread. It’s tough. Some games are smooth, many not. T4 - t5 step up I think is actually easier.

I should also say that many people sprint off from the start for multiple reasons. Some because they’ve a fast build and it’s fun just to run. Some because they want to get the first kills. But I’d also say that in my experience many don’t continue this behaviour after the first encounter. So don’t overly pre-judge.

1 Like

Not that i abandon my team, i always help out. But you should not assume there even IS a team. That’s how i play. If i go down I just assume the game is over. If i can’t handle it myself, the game is over. I think this way not because i’ve never been saved by my team mates, nor always have bad teams. But because you can’t control other people. No sense being mad about it. I try to get good enough to just win the game solo, and then if i die i die. Since i’m here to fight as much as possible i don’t really care about speed runners triggering all the enemies except insofar as they may ruin the experience by killing everything (this does not happen in auric).

1 Like

i’ll giv Damnation a try again.
Tbf the last missions were ok, i start to become good with my new build and can even carry a little on heresy with Psyker.
I just started to play Psyker again, because with the other 3 it started to bore me a little bit. Not because i couldnt start playing auric damnation only or auric in general, that is still a tough challenge for me, but because the other classes i have found what i like the most and can play that and there is nothing i want to test or think is more fun to me.
Psyker cost me 3 million dockets and thousand of ressources to find somethng i not only like, but are also good with.
Tried and player tons of builds, but now i think i have a Psyker build i’ll play for some time.
Thing is i want and needed tons of plasteel for this,therefore i search the whole level and mostly can also survive on myself - sure bad things happen.
People open boxes with a big plasteel and then leave it behind.

I mean i fully understand the “on steroids” gameplay and in some moments in the game you have to be “on steroids” if you want to surive.
But i’m not 20, 30 or 40 anymore and i want that plasteel, cannot trust anyone leaving too much behind.
But i for sure try to stick with the team and in coherency and dont go solo too much, because that can really end bad for one in heresy+

What annoys me is that many random teams split up too much and 1 or 2 or even if it is 3 dont wait for others when they obviosly search stuff or have marked an enemy or calls for help even.
No almost everyone on steroids not looking back, left or right and even in their front they miss half of the ressources :smiley:
For some it seem like it’s kill, kill kill, rush, rush, rush because that’s it.
I mean it’s fine, have fun the way you want.
I just needed to vent after 2 hours spent with such teams, wiping all times in the end or far ahead in the mission, because someone thought it’s good idea to never watch and look for what your teammembers doing.

And if 3 rush ahead and one is left behind some may say than the one behind is the one who doesnt stick with the team, but a good team spirit is allways to look for your last man, look for your weakest link in the chain, the shorn lamb and maintain a full team and leave nobody behind.

whatever…

For those that cant finish damnation missions reliably, maybe.

Never had this happen once in over 1000+ hours.
I absolutely had several games with one or several people in matches they shouldn’t have been in but they never got to throw the match.

Even if I was essentially solo carrying a game and it took 40min (which is really pushing it in length), people in heresy are simply too bad (on average) to finish a game with them in less than 20. You wouldn’t believe the amount that are unaware of the sprint button!

Even if those heresy missions could be done in less than 10 /15 min, it’s simply too taxing on my sanity and capacity for boredom to play heresy.

I counter with daemonhost.

1 Like

I have to say the last 3 or so missions someone pulled it - not sure if on purpose, maybe not most times - the team was able to kill it pretty fast.
The biggest problem here is, is everyone willing to attack or do 1-2 want to not get involved and let the other die?!?
If everyone in the team knows what to do and the one beeing attackd can block and dodge it, the only annoyance is corruption.

Sure, if its by itself no big deal. But maybe a plague ogryn just spawned and a horde and the deadweight you’ve been pulling decides to unload his gun in its general direction but doesn’t know how melee works so he dies right away and you become the next target and get it to half health solo but the other two are pretty busy fighting all the aformentioned things so you die and then they whipe to one dog.

Speaking hypothetically of course. Not of any specific game i have recently played. Shame i’m not actually capable of soloing a host with my prefered weaponry.

1 Like

welcome to why i opened a thread to vent :smiley:

1 Like

I remember plenty of instances of randies pulling demonhosts but that losing me a match… maybe but I don’t remember. More likely that after having fended the host off and something in addition breaking the camels back but probably because I was already dead.

Usually if I die, the match is over regardless. So there’s that.

1 Like