Sound cutting out when waves spawn

Issue Summary:

Whenever a wave/horde spawn the usual Soundtrack completely cuts out for me, leaving everything silent. enemies attacking and my attacks still produce sound but the soundtrack is gone. also characters talking can still be heard
already tried validating steam files, and i dont want to re-download the 76 gig game
and since i dont know which log file to upload with this ill just pick the biggest one thats most recent.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. just started happening a week ago ish

Reproduction Rate (Choose One):

Constant (100%)

Additional Information:

[Attach a Screenshot and/or Video Evidence]
(Screenshots and/or video evidence (if applicable) can be particularly helpful. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)

ON PC:

[Attach Your DxDiag]
(Press ‘START’ and enter ‘DxDiag’. Select the DxDiag app and allow it to load. Once loaded, click the 'Save All Information…" button and save to a location of your choosing. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)
DxDiag.txt (98.4 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
(Navigate to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs and locate the log that corresponds with the particular session in which your issue occurred. To upload, click the ‘Upload’ icon within the post controls.)
console-2019-03-23-19.18.43-a23e1289-1985-4233-81f6-84575ab2d0a1.log (3.3 MB)

Probably your laptop me dude. Your specs don’t look enough to even run it, doesn’t that built in GPU your using share memory with the RAM?

I have noticed even on a PC, when you force a ton of mobs to hyper stack, you get weird audio issues.

Also, your saying just the music cuts out?

company laptop and unfortunatly the only thing i have rn after my battle station imploded one day. and yeah, it runs on lowest settings lol. but it worked before it spontaneously decided to stop.
music cuts out only during hordes, meaning the background sountrack.

some way to fix it maybe? the game, in general? my lobby browser is now empty too. cant connect to any game via quick play and when i try to browser open lobbys, its all empty. nothing, as if nobody in the world was playing. my connection is fine and people can join me, apparently, after i automatically host the game when i try to play but it cant find any lobby to connect to. the entire game is falling apart. already tried reinstalling it which istn easy with my rather poor connection. nothing works, game is just broken

The empty lobby browser is a known issue - we’re actively looking in to it. There’s some solutions you can try in the mean time:

• Restarting Steam
  • Restarting your PC
  • Clearing Steam’s download cache
  • Changing Steam’s download region
  • Ensuring the appropriate Firewall/Anti-Virus exceptions are in place for both Vermintide 2 and our anti-cheat service, Easy Anti-Cheat

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu