Something feels really... off

I haven’t yet identified exactly what it is, but something about the way the game handles feels very different to pre-launch. And not in a good way.

Any other beta players feeling this, or am I imagining it?

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed anything personally, though some people have reported some input issues since launch. What I’ve heard so far has been pretty extreme–apparently some people have been experiencing an issue with mouse input randomly disabling for a second or two–but I wouldn’t be surprised if some smaller problems were created by the update as well.

Yeah it’s the changes to dodge and toughness.

4 Likes

The toughness was definitely part of it. I think the other part was that the update reset my graphics and I hadn’t changed my FoV back. So I was probably imagining it.

Be careful with toughness. If you have more than 100 toughness (yes, including ranger veteran), it’s completely broken and you take bleedthrough.

The toughness does feel really off and I’ve noticed getting hit at 100% by a poxwalker suddenly hurts a lot more.

I’ve noticed a dramatic drop in performance. I’d get the odd FPS drop but typically it would hover at about 50-60 FPS throughout. Now I’m lucky to see 50 FPS. It honestly feels like they’ve reverted to an older build than the latest beta build they had.

Yeah, that too. I’m getting mad frame drops on lower graphics settings than I used in the beta. Hopefully they figure out what’s causing these issues quickly.

They messed up toughness because they wanted to implement chip damage. If you have toughness curios taking you above 100 toughness you will now take more damage when being hit.

Don’t worry, I’ve noticed that part but it also happens on ogryn skulbreaker without toughness relics. It’s pure murder to play him right now.

I can’t put my finger on exactly why, but everything about melee feels so sluggish. The game just keeps getting more clunky and more awkward in this regard.