Downloaded and got to play a few hours on this shiny new beta branch, and so far it is AWESOME. This isn’t a tear-down of the patch notes, just the things that I noticed while playing.
- Performance! Wayyyy better. Ran smoothly with nearly double FPS for me. Loading times also dropped considerably.
- Voice lines: so good! I heard a ton of new ones already. Some situational ones for Skittergate are particularly awesome. Also noticed some better synergy with ult voice lines no longer cutting off other character dialogue, instead they overlapped.
- Stealth visuals: When Shade/HM/Ranger use stealth, their character model now fades out so you can barely see them. Really adds to the effect especially when Shade is sneaking through a mob.
- Spawns: Seemed much, much better, in 3 hours of playtime did not have any total RNG apocalypse scenarios. No face spawns or bugged patrols yet, but that bug can be intermittent so time will tell.
- New combat music for Ogres is awesome
If you played on it, how was it?!