Some Ideas to Add to Game

Hi,

• I think we could have a support class, that can heal players during missions.
  • The game could have a level reset system; when reach lvl 35, we should have the option to reset to level 1, but start with bonus, I mean something like: reseted char begins with plus 10 power. Characters with 2 resets, begin with plus 20 power and so on.
  • There could be a perk or item to make possible to revive ourselves, at least once per match, increasing surviving rate, but when we revive by ourselves, suffer from some kind of penalty, like temporary health points cap, or something like that.

Well, thatā€™s it! I love the game and I hope to see it better and better.

1 Like

First we have waystalker its already quite a support class with party heal and focused on ranged

second, just no mindless grind for power thats dumb and gonna broke game very fast, what about breakpoints then? In one moment there gonna be sienna thats kill with laser everything

thatsā€¦ ok, more items is better and I can see some class working with it but uhh dunno if its even usefull when there is rats beating you to death

2 Likes

If itā€™s alright, Iā€™m going to respond to each bullet in turn:

• ā€œI think we could have a support class, that can heal players during missionsā€
Scarcity

Part of what makes the harder difficulties harder is that they provide a scarcity of resources; those resources that do make you ā€˜infiniteā€™ (the regen-health trait on your necklace) also come with a healing downside. Itā€™s not just that the enemies punish mistakes, but rather that those punishments are a health-memory (canā€™t be fixed without a consumable).

While I love the idea of support classes, health generation part of the roll that Waystalker-Regen/Mercenary-Shout builds fulfill and, moreover, refilling green-health is a very powerful tool and removes the element of scarcity from the game, making it quite a bit easier. I think I would have to disagree depending on the shape of support this Career/Character took.

• ā€œThe game could have a level reset system; when reach lvl 35, we should have the option to reset to level 1, but start with bonusā€
Grinding

Believe it or not, most folks on the forums will throw a fit if you ask them to gather XP to get a bonus. Grinding is loathed by lots of people (and lots of people also donā€™t really consider it grinding, just playing the game), but tying it to a permanent character bonus will also decrease the value of the difficulty system. Realistically, Legend should never be easier than it is by merit of how much youā€™ve played as opposed to how much youā€™ve learned and improved as a player :slight_smile:

In most cases, progression beyond 1-2 stages is considered horrifically grindy (leveling 1-max in WoW would be stage 1, then grinding Raids to gear is stage 2, then mythic Raids are stage 3 and they cannot overlap, making most people fall-off before stage 2; other comparisons can be likened to the reset systems in mobile games). I donā€™t think itā€™s wise to add a game-changing progression system past what is already in place; perhaps if we instead tied the resets to cosmetics/achievements, itā€™d be a different story (fits will still be thrown, be warned).

• There could be a perk or item to make possible to revive ourselves, at least once per match, increasing surviving rate, but when we revive by ourselves, suffer from some kind of penalty
Collaborative Gaming

I think a big issue with self-centered revival items would be that it further encourages people to go off alone, providing them more and more tools to abandon their allies and survive with. Some people call it clutching (Iā€™d only call it clutching after knowing we fought as a team and failed to overcome), but it encourages more solo play, which I think is against the point of the game.

Then again, some kind of ā€œ1-off abilitiesā€ for traits could be a fun addition to the game. ā€œFirst ranged attack against a boss/monster that is a headshot staggers him as though he were struck by a bombā€ or some such thing like that. I donā€™t know what they would look like, but they could be cool little utility additions for niche situations that give certain characters a twist!

I almost forgot: welcome to the community, @ZuluMachX, itā€™s good to have you :slight_smile: thanks for sharing your ideas!

4 Likes
  • A healer would be broken; youŹ»d just need to go 3 strong DPS like Merc, Slayer, and Zealot, and your team would be unstoppable. Everyone could play like idiots as long as the healer was protected; doesnŹ»t really work in a game like this unless they have pretty low/inconsistent levels of healing (waystalker/mercenary)

• The character reset thing is an interesting idea. Once you get to level 35 with all red items thereŹ»s no room to progress other than in skill. Sure, thereŹ»s a very high skill ceiling in this game but not feeling stronger after putting in hours of work feels a bit unrewarding. Maybe some form of currency to ā€œupgradeā€ certain talents or items (similar to the weave system) could be used in the base games. Still, player power creep could be a huge problem; you donŹ»t want people to be able to 1 shot chaos warriors with a light attack.

• I donŹ»t like the whole revive yourself thing. Once again (like the first point) this just encourages reckless play. This game thrives off good decision making and skill. If we add a safety net to dying the game becomes much easier, but in the wrong way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.