Chaos Wastes Stuff
- Overall it’s great! Just leading with this because despite this being a laundry list of complaints/suggestions, I have a lot of fun with the mode.
- Add a catch-up mechanic. Basically provide Coins, Boons, and Weapon Power so that a late-joining player isn’t severely behind. (Late-joining should trail behind typical progression a little, but only by a little.) Rejoining remains unchanged (the match does remember your stuff, which is nice).
- More boon synergy. It can be hard to assemble a really great set of synergistic boons, since you don’t control these quite as much as some other games where synergies are the central focus (Slay the Spire). One way to improve this is to have players choose a boon at campaign start, and it’s always above a certain rarity (but only if your last run completed at least 2 missions). Alternatively, just have more player-chosen boons in general. Alternatively Boon Shrines are aware of what things synergize with what other things, and are more likely (not guaranteed) to give you good synergies.
- Add a second Nurgle Wand. You know that wand that protects you from Nurgle rot? Well there should be two wands on the larger missions because it’s painful to be forced to stay that clumped throughout the entire mission. (Yeah it’s definitely not the roughest debuff in the world, but a second wand just ensures this flows better, since larger missions often have multiple paths that each have coins/items you want your aprty to find.)
- Remove the campaign layouts with fewer decisions. Just deprives those campaigns of some interesting decisions.
- Delay Nurgle’s Hex. When you kill a hexed enemy it should take ~1 second before the gas appears and begins damaging players. Currently it feels basically instant and nearly unavoidable in melee. (Either that, or have the first few ticks do considerably less damage?)
- More options to increase difficulty? Boss chests are a good mechanic, but sometimes it feels like you can just be runaway OP with some of the combos and it’d be nice to have boon options that sacrifice strength
- New Career-specific Boons? The goal would be to balance careers better, since there are ones that are insanely broken due to how good some combinations can be (Pressure-Stacks-Never-Expire Engineer) while others are nowhere near that good. So then Engineer would get something new, but something that isn’t especially amazing/multiplicative…but then careers with worse synergy would get new boons that let them be just as broken as the most broken builds.
- Hotkey to ready up in lobby. Please!
- Reduce Starfire friendly fire. Is this the most team damage you can take from a single mistake? (Not counting oil barrel fire)
- Bulk Loot Box unlocking. Alternatively accelerate how fast spacebar fast-forwards through this animation (and also tell players they can hold spacebar to fast-forward at all, since I’m sure a good portion of people aren’t aware).
- Interact responsiveness. There’s an extremely short but kinda irritating ~150ms delay when picking up items like Pilgrim Coins, which just feels slightly bad since your camera doesn’t rotate during this time.