So desperately needed fixes are postponed until season 2?

Incorrect. I don’t know if it’s a bug or a feature, but it certainly happens (it’s not even uncommon).
I often see slave rats/ fanatics spawn out of thin air right behind players.
I have even seen a single slave rat spawn right in front of me as I was turning around.

10 Likes

Just wanted to add that I’ve also seen enemies spawn really near players quite frequently since 2.0. Sometimes entire hordes. Definitely did not happen this often if at all before that. It’s incredibly immersion breaking.

5 Likes

Imgur

17 Likes

I’m sorry to stoop so low, but you are playing the kid hiding it’s eyes behind it’s own hands saying ‘I can’t see me, so you can’t see me too.’ That’s an extremely narrow kind of view.
I never came across one of the item glitches, but still can believe they happen as i saw all the bug reports, people are (mostly) not making stuff up or just erring. Same goes for game crashes at victory screen, never happen to come across them, still, can believe they exist as i see the reports. My game likes to crash when i stay idle to long in the keep, for example, never seen that been reported, so you will just automatically think this is a non-issue because you never had it happen to yourself? This point goes to all the following ones, too.

I could take this as a personal affront, but i hope you don’t mean it that way. This was no lack of awareness, mate. I saw it happening, it was in the front of my attention (I turned around just in time). They just popped into existance in that corner in quick succession, idle animation going over into running animation within half a second at the two defending the back door. Also, no sound.

That was not the point, so it is a bug, yes?

Same as the first point.
To be more specific: One patrol spawn point on skitter, if the patrol spawns there (the one before you look up to the box with the second grim, on the slope under a ridge), it has always been stuck in place, 3 times since 2.0. Before the expansion they would spawn to late instantly there (not all the time, though), but not being stuck.

Was going to say the same as @Chaos5715 is showing above, but i think that’s not necessary anymore. Not only behind, but also in full sight.

8 Likes

Ok everyone, you can all go home now. Because @mw2544 doesn’t experience the bugs then they clearly don’t exist. Thanks for your time but there’s no need for any more patches.

19 Likes

Currently my biggest problem is the lag, I have it since patch 2.0. If you combine the lag with a horde of Beastmen imagine the result …

3 Likes

@Fatshark_Hedge made it very clear in the steam forums yesterday that there will be a beastman balance patch before the end of season 1, check page two of the pinned patchnotes discussion.

2 Likes

Maybe these people have been putting up with these bugs for quite awhile and now they have decided to speak up bc WoM reintroduced/aggravated old bugs. That’s been the case for me.

Also I can confirm that enemies do spawn behind players, I saw it happen with an ally. I believe it happens with the ‘ai sets the stage’ problem where enemies disappear from a room - but they actually have not. In some cases I saw Chaos Warriors disappear and reappear behind when players passed by his location. These aren’t uncommon bugs, I see them happen quite frequently in my plays and I’m running my game through GeForce Now, so there really shouldn’t be any performance related issues. Phantom hits also happen once in awhile, only saw it happen twice for me, but it’s still very annoying.

Your entire post is disregarding Thunderherald’s complaints. His complaints are legit even if they date back to launch days. The fact that you can put up with the bugs doesn’t mean that others should put up with it. Also for a fact, Fatshark is objectively incompetent in rooting out these bugs. Yeah they are hard working, but they either dont have the skill or the manpower to quickly get them resolved, which has caused a huge number of players to leave.

4 Likes

Honestly buddy, not once did I say they happen every run - but its fitting for you to pretend I did, of course. That way you can overly dramatize legit complains in an attempt at disregarding it completely.

:rofl:
Yeah. That’s my point.

Thanks, glad you agree. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It might be the animation timings too, since slave rats for the longest time have the issue where the hit from a running attack happens at the beginning of the animation and the hitbox lasts for the whole animation.

1 Like

That response wasnt directed at you, hence why it was a separate post. The post I was responding to said they were happening consistently in every run and it was ruining their experience.

Which is exactly my point. Why was Vermintide 2 so highly praised pre-WoM (according to steam reviews, reddit, and these forums), when almost all of these bugs have been around since the game released? Now all of a sudden they are “game ruining”. You cant have it both ways. Either the game has always been unplayable, or the bugs are being overstated to provide spacegoats and excuses for why players, in general, aren’t as successful at the game anymore.

It’s been stated in several earlier and ongoing posts that these bugs were present initially but were fixed in subsequent patches. The release of WoM somehow brought them all back. The uproar is that there was no QA system before it went live, so we’re back to square one with a broken product.

7 Likes

So you if you want a game to actually be consistent you’re bad at the game?

Sigh.
Go look at your leaderboard. ;/

3 Likes

What i wrote was ( and i was the one in that 1 m situation):

You then stated to Thunderherald the following and harlekein responded:

And you followed up with:

I mean, i was aware of the causality. If you honestly were not, ok.

But you can’t disregard the feedback given. People are upset, you are an exclusion.
I’m really happy not everyone has to share that experience, i really am.
But it’s still happening to enough people that they wanted to voice their opinion. That is their right (as in freedom of expression).
And you have to respect that, like they try to respect you, but it’s a give and take; equivalent exchange (little FMA reference).

4 Likes

This is why I think it is in the utmost interest for the Developers to add specifically placed-with-care Bushes to all Beastmen spawn points.

Clown Cars wouldn’t fit in with Game Workshops parameters when it comes to lore in the Warhammer Universe.

If we would have Bushes we could keep an eye on them just like Kruber mentions in some of the dialogue.

4 Likes

Honestly, for me at least, post-WoM’s been mostly a lot of the same bugs that have been there in the past (barring enemies attacks passing through block at times, enemies appearing behind pebbles and general beastmen jank), but a lot more frequent. And looking at the bug report forum post-WoM launch, it’s definitely been very very active, and with new bugs and old returned bugs alike.

But I don’t think it’s the whole reason for the negative reviews either. We’ve always been able to overlook bugs to an extent, it’s all the changes to combat etc. that many people hate, and development time being wasted on weaves (as they are now).

However the increased frequency of bugs probably does sour a lot of first impressions to the new content (beastmen in particular).

Quoted for truth.

@mw2544 you’re either lucky or lying through your teeth. I don’t care either way, you can tell people they’re not experiencing bugs all you want, it doesn’t make it any more true. There’s a lot of clear evidence (crash reports, screens, gifs, videos) that’s been given.

5 Likes

VT2 was never highly praised. What was the review percentage before Update 2.0 / Winds of Magic? Around 70% maybe? If anything the game was tolerated by the majority of players. Maybe there was some small amount of hope in that since the developers were still sticking around trying to fix the game - the game would eventually get better.

Update 2.0, pre-order Winds of Magic and Winds of Magic release changed that.

Update 2.0 had the developers take the game that people were familiar with and then over turn it. This was shocking to a lot of people and during the Beta for Update 2.0 / Winds of Magic a lot of key changes were disliked such as Stagger / Dodge change according to one of the polls. Also the developers changed a lot but skipped over the archaic Crafting System and old dusty Traits/Modifiers that people rarely if ever use. Oversight.

Pre-Order Winds of Magic had players see the problems with Update 2.0, Weaves game mode, Beastmen and having only 1 adventure map when every other DLC had 2 or 3 maps. However those who disliked Update 2.0 / WoM couldn’t leave a “Not Recommended” for Winds of Magic and so they resorted to doing it on the base game itself.

Winds of Magic had players who on release of the expansion leave a “Not Recommended” for Winds of Magic and possibly even the base game due to the same problems that have already been listed.

So no, the decline of Vermintide 2’s review score isn’t solely due to old/new bugs at all. I think in general people were used to the many bugs that Fatshark gleefully injects to the game patch after patch but Update 2.0 and Winds of Magic having their own issues while bringing back a lot of bugs simply culminated into the annoyance and frustration with both the game itself and the developers behind it.

5 Likes

But then we couldn’t see anything!

Ever.

Anywhere.

1 Like

It was 88% if I remember correctly.

Ah, probably saw just the recent reviews. Checking the graph there are some definite spikes in positive reviews that have accrued over the game’s life time. It’s only in August with Update 2.0 / WoM that the game takes repeated hits with more Not Recommended as opposed to Recommended reviews.

2 Likes