Small QoL improvement for milks bounties

remove the requirement to kill x amount of dreg/scab and replace it with a “just kill enemies of the imperium” instead. its not a huge issue by any means but those challenges could end up taking much more time to complete than the others based solely on your luck with rng. id rather kill 1000 enemies than 750 scabs or dregs with ranged or melee weapons.

7 Likes

Mmm… I love Milk.

3 Likes

It’s an older meme, Sir - but it checks out.

7 Likes

In one way, i understand that people do not like the specificity of having to kill a specific faction in a specific way.

At the same time, the more generic and unspecific the tasks are, the less relevant they are and the more they turn into “spend this much time in the game, while doing absolutely nothing that you would not have done anyway, and without having the agency to speed up your progression”.

Maybe the tasks are not designed perfectly, but the point of quests/tasks generally is that you do specific things to complete them.
That is something that i like (at least in principle… some quests are just boring).

4 Likes

Agree, with this in mind it’s also purely subjective whatever way you prefer, and effectively impossible to satisfy both camps

2 Likes

Yeah I think that’s very accurate.

Like honestly I’d probably prefer the quests being even closer to just “play game they’ll happen quick enough on their own” but I recognise that’s not what everyone wants from them.

Getting the right balance of being targetable while also not treading into “forced, unnatural, or just annoying” is honestly pretty tricky. What we have is basically serviceable and could probably just do with more options so there’s something there for everyone. I’m just thankful it’s tracked across your whole group and not just you otherwise it could really cause some pointless friction.

3 Likes

I for one would like to be able to reroll Melk quests without them returning every second roll.
If I decided to reroll “pickup 16 scriptures / grimoires” it should not return 8 more times!

Also: Melk quests are unbalanced.

Plasteel (600 MC) and Diamntide (700 MC) collection have highest rewards - two Damnations matches and you’re done. Then you can play any type of game you want.
Books? 6 or 8 depending on cooperation of the team (700 MC).
Kill 1000 something with something? Depends on DPS and build but it’s doable within 3-4 missions (510).
6 Monstrosities? (530) - 3 missions. 2 if on auric Maelstrom.

And then there is this: 8 completed missions - 310 Melk Coins. COME ON!
Pain in the butt, the unhonorable mention: 580 MC for 6 missions where no one dies.

THE RAGE…

4 Likes

Yeah… this one is just dumb.
That task right there should not exist as it is.
I am completely fine with the progression of the kill and plunder tasks being shared within the group. Actions of teammates speeding up your progression is fine.
But teammates should not be able to completely prevent you from progressing your quest.

Tasks where you do NOT get progression, if a certain thing is done, should not account for other players doing that thing.

The task “complete x missions wouthout anyone dying” should be changed to only account for deaths of the player who is trying to progress their task.
They can keep it as “complete missions without dying”, or maybe even change it to “complete missions without being downed”, but the deaths of others should definitely not prevent you from progressing this task.

2 Likes

You could just stop buying milk if you have such a bounty of it your sick of. There are lots of other things to drink.

2 Likes

But in this case “spend time in the game” would be better than something specific. These aren’t challenge runs people play, they just want to properly engage enemies.

And I am so effin sick of getting quests opposite to my character’s niche suggested for the kill missions.

“You a Veteran? Get those 1000 dreg melee kills for me!”
“You a Zealot? Bring me those Akimbos!”
“Everybody knows Psyker is a highly specialized melee warrior!”
“As a Hulky Brute, it is best to shoot people with pewpews!”

FK off Melk and take your melkbucks to HEL with you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.