Slide needs work

The window to perform a slide when sprinting feels too short imo. So many times people heroically leap forward just to sit down awkwardly in front of the enemy, getting shot in the face.

The sliding distance I’m totally fine with. But the window to be able to pull it off feels way to strict/short and it kind of puts me off even trying it because it feels like 50/50 if I’m gonna pull it off or not.

Sure I could git gud, but compared to every other game with slide this just feels off (bad comparison cus I hate it otherwise, but Apex Legends’ slide is a good example). So in the interest of making the gameplay feel as fluid as possible, I really wish FS would have a look at this.

3 Likes

While I hate the idea of comparing anything in this game to Apex, I agree the slide definitely needs work.

2 Likes

While I also don’t want sliding to be too overboard, I agree that the current slide distance is, shall we say…anti-climatic. Like trying to sled down too shallow a hill with not enough snow levels of sad.

Yeah I think we should be able to activate it sooner to make slide-chaining easier to do, it feels a bit anemic at the moment.

1 Like

It was good before they nerfed it. It provided a slight boost and extra distance and had more anti-ranged iframes.

Now if you want to use it while meleeing to avoid being stunlocked by 40 aimbots on diff 4/5, forget about it.

1 Like

I would agree that slide needs a buff. It feels too hard to get into a slide, the slide distance is not long enough and you loose too much momentum during slides.
Right now it only slows me down and/or leaves me trapped in enemy fire when I try to use it to slide between cover - I really don’t use it anymore since atm sprinting just seems way more feasible and rewarding.

tldr:

1. Make it easier to activate sliding
  2. The sliding distance should be longer
  3. You shouldn’t lose momentung while sliding

Edit: These values could also be bound to weapon mobility - weapons with high mobility (like daggers) could provide faster, and longer slides than a heavy two hand hammer.

Yeah. It comes full stop. There’s no momentum whatsoever.

I like to toggle my crouching. So it’s a real awkward to use the slide in this because of it. A problem i don’t have in games like Battlefield 2042. That game does a lot of things wrong but sliding is not one of them. The transition between animations is smooth and responsive.

Quit the opposite in this. In fact. a lot of the animations are. Just switching between weapons for example. From input delay to unnecessary cocking animations. Please sort this stuff out, Fatshark!

I just looove trying to slide dodge a volley, eating a volley, stopping and losing the majority of hp (toughness is gone after bullet 3) being stunned by continuous fire.

1 Like