Skins not included, frick you FATSHARK, milking the noobs :D

How exactly do you get less than a whole career? half the talent tree?
There’s no unlockable cosmetics unless you buy the premium.
It’s not the same as the other careers unless you buy premium.

@keysersoeze I agree with everything but the language.

1 Like

It´s a turn of phrase very typical to English, you´ll go nutters if you try to pick on the wording in this language with all the twists and borrowed quirks it has x)

But oh well it does indeed seem that all the cosmetics are locked behind a paywall…but really so what? It´s basically still a cheap bundle if you compare it to other games in the present.

It costs about as much as a large pizza where i live for one and that´s for a product that how many people has worked on for how long?

Go look at Path of exile or league of legends and realize that this pricing is Fatshark being very, very nice x)

Heck even looking at the Necromancer DLC from blizzard for D3, the grail knight + cosmetics price is still good…

Your statement has no sense. The difference between V2 and LOL and POE is that, those two games are COMPLETELY FREE. V2 has a normal price like previous DLCs.
POE and LOL have had a business model from the very beginning. V2 tries to mix them together. I don’t know if it’s a good way :confused: because there was more than one example of this type of thing and it never worked out well.
In my opinion, a mistake was made in the cosmetic upgrade. This should be solved so that few basic cosmetics should already be included in the dlc itself. Cosmetic upgrade should contain exclusive content, but not all cosmetics for new career :confused:

3 Likes

To boil it, down the alternative was bundling it all together in one DLC for $9.99. I pushed for an more accessibly priced ‘entry level’ career option.

My apologies.

14 Likes

Don’t apologise to them. They want attention.

Now I see why you guys don’t post that much on forum with how astronomical childish ppl are here and how ballistic they go after everything

3 Likes

It’s rare to get notified from umgak but this here was clearly worth it XD.

Then what about Diablo 3 then?

Also a game which you buy with a bunch of base classes you can pick from with some cosmetics to unlock and Blizzard added in the Necromancer as a DLC that you´d buy for like…18£ or something on release.

Basically the exact same business model but Fatshark made theirs cheaper, and i do not really doubt that you could find more stuff like this if you actually went looking.

There would still be drama about adding a new career behind a paywall in the first place, some people do not appreciate the effort spent on making said career x)

But i do wholeheartedly agree that the class should have some basline stuff to unlock like a hat from challenges (same as everyone else) and a hero skin while a cosmetic DLC is the more fancy stuff.

Yeah… I think if everything will be in one package, there will be no drama here.
Career and cosmetics separately is not a bad idea. But in the career package should have some few “basic” skins. Cosmetic upgrade may contain some exclusive ones.

3 Likes

And you think this was right? And every one should be like “godlike” Blizzard? LOL
Maybe you don’t know (or forgot), but just for the action with the necromancer they were very criticized for that. Take maybe think about what you write…

1 Like

They are doomed no matter what they do.

The only thing some people will accept is if it is free.

If they include cosmetics and raise the price they will come here and go “I dont want to pay for f***ing cosmetics!”.

And if they dont there will be people going “Where is the cosmetics! Such low effort!!”.

2 Likes

No apologies needed, it’s still better than the alternative.
I’m curious how you justify it having the same price of old DLCs (like shadows over bogenhafen). Is a new career as much resource-consuming to create as a map pack? Or is it to allow for future free content? Would it mean that the premium cosmetics from S2 brought you less revenue than expected?

I’m not asking you in order to complain, you know my opinion, I’m just curious about these things.

3 Likes

Correct me if i am wrong but the main criticism against the Necromancer DLC was not even the fact that it was paywalled, the issue was the fact that it was pretty damn low in terms of actual game content after a…two years? long wait for it.

People wanted stuff like a new reaper of souls expansion or something with new maps and enemies, not a new class to run the same old maps a couple of extra times to hit the same old engame that they already run on 5 other characters.

And while some did complain about the paywall…it basically amounted to this :

“We recognize that you guys spent a shitload of effort and time on creating a new class with tons of new skills&armors and voicelines in multiple different languages plus all the technical jargon like animation and coding but we feel it´s greedy of you to ask that we pay for it since we already bough the game! :<”

For some reason or another the simple line of reasoning saying that honest work requires honest pay is completely missed by these people who seem feel that once the base game is bought any new content no matter the size should be handed out for free.

Preferably with a letter going like " Our dear deeply cherished and venerated sir/madam, we hope that you will find this humble offering of new things amusing as that is the sole reason for our existence and our one true joy".

Which i find to be fairly absurd…would you like to work for free and still need to pay for all the usual stuff?

1 Like

Yeah, it seems the more you do, the more people will cling to and smear some dirt on you.

Well, actually, no, they won’t. I’m prepared to bet a small amount of money that if the DLC was free there were quite some number of people who would criticise it anyway - for being small, for having few bugfixes, for being too rare, yadda yadda yadda. It’s just how humans work - there is always a reason to hate someone.

1 Like

Thank you for this. It was absolutely the right choice and heaps of us appreciate your work Hedge.

1 Like

Honestly, the price feels insanely fair for what you get. People will most likely enjoy playing him and end up upgrading to the full version anyway.

Thanks.

4 Likes

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the price nor with the fact that you have the option of choosing either the career with the weapons and/or the cosmetics. First of all, there is a choice. You are not forced to buy the cosmetics as well as the career at the same time. Otherwise, people would have complained/moaned about this for a long time. You have CHOICE. And that is important.

Next. Compare this DLC price to any game currently out there. I’ll give you a better one. Compare any of V2’s DLC price to any game currently out there. The fact that everything is dirt cheap, don’t lie; V2 DLC is pocket money, is a miracle. How entitled do you consider yourself to be?

2 Likes

I mean I kinda agree. First of all it feels like an upgraded character to me. It’s a better foot knight with arguably better talents. And then you lock this “better foot knight” behind a pay wall (thought it was cosmetics only we were paying for?) and then also making you do challenges as well? Feels janky to me. I’m worried where this is going to end. “Hey you wanna play the new, better slayer/maiden/mage/witch hunter? You enjoy that specific play style? Yeah we got a better version of that, it’s right behind this pay wall. Yup, just pay again, but pay more or you won’t get the challenges to even attempt more stuff.” Why was the character not a free release but the better cosmetics charged for like with the other classes? The price won’t break the bank, sure, it’s more the underlying principle I’m wary of.
I get that this is a business and it won’t survive on thin air and good intent, but i’d rather throw 3 quid at a cool new helm for this new class I might play now and again, than have to buy the class to even try it? Even having a base grail knight free unlock so you can try it out, level it up. You like it? Cool! £5 and you can unlock all the related challenges.
I’m just spitballing, I’m not a fan of pay walls. I feel it turns casual players away who otherwise might be tempted to invest cash and time. As it is now, i’m not tempted to pay for grail knight cos I will rarely ever play him (slayer main) so i’m not gonna fork out. If the “first taste” was free, if I had a basic version to toy with and level up, I’d be tempted to pay for more.

1 Like

So OP brings up enjoying CS for good 2000h while neglecting to mention the game still (as far as i know) has only lootbox based cosmetics where just the opening of said boxes is the base cost of this pack … i’m sorry but if this feels “rip-off” to people then i don’t know what to say.

I personally come from games like R6 siege, Diablo, league etc where most of the cosmetics what people actually want costs nearly 3-10x the amount this whole pack is currently and that is for 1 single cosmetic or “lootbox”.

2 Likes

Honestly, on the next one just do $7.50 for the career $2.50 for the cosmetics that way people can’t complain about how the cosmetics are more expensive than the content. That being said, the $10 overall price is a perfectly fair bargain and I thank you for treating me respectfully with regards to pricing.