Sire Melk seems pointless

I have completed all weekly tasks but nothing seems to happen. They stay on the stack, the progress is 100% and that is all?

Further: The gambling mechanism sells garbage. I had to put hours of effort into the tasks to get his special currency and all he did was selling me white garbage items 50 points lower than my current equipment.

By the way, I don’t see the point in buying/using anything white or green, I just go for blue. I check the market every 1-2 missions if something better is in stock, I don’t even scroll down because these items are worse and almost as expensive. And Sire Melk never had better or different stuff so far.
I’d expect him to provide the player with blue or purple items or white/green items that are buyable on higher levels (but without the level requirement)

4 Likes

Completing weekly tasks awards the other currency that you spend to gamble/buy from his shop, I’m not sure why you’re confused about “staying on the stack”, it’s not like you get new tasks when you complete them, you get new tasks when the week rolls over. You’re time gated on the weekly currency.

Gambling is crap but it’s gambling. Maybe good outcomes are possible but just unlikely.

His shop resets daily I believe so you may see more level-appropriate options later, but I wouldn’t spend any of that currency until you’re level 30 and that’s the only place to get upgrades. My weekly shop has purple stuff in it. I dunno.

1 Like

ok, but if I have to wait for a week that gambling becomes even more pointless, because I cannot get more of his currency. In Diablo2 the gambling just used the same gold, but lots of them and you always got items with special properties, never the base stuff. That worked really well and it would work here too.
It could be that during or after the beta some additions come in so that everything makes more sense, but if it stays like that, that booth can be ignored most of the time…

Only gambled on him once while trying to get my first ogryn shield and instead got a purple knife so it does give good stuff, the problem is it’s so randomized that, for the price it’s too expensive.

1 Like

You need his shop to get purple/orange gear above power level 420ish

2 Likes

I just wish we had dailies as well.

1 Like

Is the Contract progress shared between Classes who has it unlocked? It feels like it’s going to be really annoying to finish them all if not. I don’t have the time or energy to handle doing things like 15 missions times four characters a week.

Is the Contract progress shared between Classes who has it unlocked? It feels like it’s going to be really annoying to finish them all if not. I don’t have the time or energy to handle doing things like 15 missions times four characters a week.

Not shared

1 Like