Shovel punch can't stagger monster anymore?

After patch 14 i notice that ogryn shovel punch cant stagger monster anymore? is this intentional? i don’t see it mention any where on the patch note

It still works but seems to stop after 2-3 staggers. I reckon they added an internal timer for monsters to be staggered again.
All you have to do is dodge back 1-2 attacks and you can stagger them back again. It takes a bit more skill now to pull it off, which is fine.

Spawn and demonhosts became too trivial with it being infinite honestly

1 Like

Are there any particular perk that you used because i can’t even seem to initiate the first 2-3 stagger you mention

Edit I went back and checked:
Thrust 4 with max stacks, as well as close to 80% rolls on Crow Control (determines stagger) and First Target (power influence).
Other than that I’m running ye old heavy hitter build honestly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/17jam74/emperor_protect_the_latrine_shovel/

I can still manage to chain cc CSpawn and DHost if I get my combo going, but it became impossible keep the POgryn cc’d in any way with the shovel. You can still interrupt him with charge, but he seems to just shrug off the shovel punch.

Before Patch #14 I was able to reliably cc lock the DHost, CSpawn and POgryn. Only the Slug was a problem I couldnt lock down. Now its also impossible to keep the POgryn locked down

I have the same issue. I can’t seem to stagger bosses at all with my shovel. Is a:

80% DMG,
76% CC
66% First Target

Thrust 3 and Thunderous 3 blessing

not enough to stagger bosses?

Patch 14 changes the ogryn melee boss stagger mechanic to be weakspot hits only (baby knives still not allowed). Join the ascended rank of slappers, they will not get past your thousand fist disrespect. Club can also demolish armor.

Spawn can 100% be stagger locked with consecutive punches to the face. Just did it on Auric Mael. I’ve yet to recheck DH.

I have been converted and holy emperor is it glorious

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.