Shotguns deserve a drum megazine

Someone could say shotguns need more damage, and I would not against, but a drum magazine would be the best gift :heart:… and would open them to more strategies and more fun!

For example the revolver is similar: small magazine and slooow reload, but 6 bullets mean 6 kills

Shotguns, instead, in many situations even need 3 shells… you spend more time reloading than actual gameplay >:(

Now, I can be ok with the damage, imo shotguns are meant to be versatile tools, like a swiss army knife (high stagger, wide hitbox, more shells types), but the reload really kills them! And mainly kills the fun

I dream a shotgun that can be reloaded like any autogun, that’s what I mean with drum magazine, I don’t demand something like 50 shells (even if would be cool :p), the current number can be fine

p.s: in alternative we could just buff the damage… and add a drum assault shotgun like a totally new weapons

2 Likes

Shotgun drums are…odd.

In game, shotguns currently have 10-15 round capacities, which is pretty much on point with both tube and stick-magazine fed shotguns. Drums don’t get you all that much more, 20 for a “reasonable” size and 25 for a range-toy absurdity.

This is what a 25 round drum magazine looks like for a 12-gauge combat shotgun.

Now, that said, weird magazines aren’t unknown to 40k or this game, most of the Autogun magazines are actually modeled as quad-stack magazines to account for their absurdly oversized tabletop proportions, but I thought I’d share the visual of shotgun drums for context.

The enemy shotgunner have drums.

But the enemy shotgunner don’t have special ammo, which I don’t think would work with such magazines

2 Likes

Preach, OP!

Mummy needs her 40K Vepr-12 :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.