'Shadows Over Bögenhafen' - DLC Coming on August 28th

And restore faith in FS amongst people? So they buy dlc feeling they doing good job supporting developer that cares about their fan base? No, better release dlc full of old and new bugs, so fans feel themselves as a dirty wh*** spending money on such a thing

4 Likes

Even if it´s reasonable, it´s the false way. If there is nothing, which break the game constantly, like skittergate once or maybe one career-pick causes crashes, there is no need for lil updates or hotfixes.
If you correct a bug at X, this change or just the patch could cause a bug at Y.
It´s definately better to fix as lot as you can, test it as far as you can and bring it in big major-updates. The chance that these “new fixes and content” work pretty well together is the highest then.
The same is just the patch that you load by yourself. 10 lil patches = 10 times something could go wrong.
1 big patch = 1 time something could go wrong.

If FS brings a bunch of fixes with the DLC, they did all correct.

3 Likes

They actually do little fixes. Did you ever start the game an there was a small download?
I reported this: http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/vanquisher-of-chaos-frame-0081-name/25533?u=haxorzist
And it got fixed. I never saw it mentioned in any larger patch. (please correct me if I overseen it)

1 Like

Hope these changes include weapon balances for the other weapons that are subpar.

1 Like

But I still don’t get why you can’t at least try to fix balance a bit Fatshark.
Are you afraid that if you do a certain change and but regret it later that the community won’t take it? (Of coarse not all will take it. Great huntsman nuke™ anyone? Do I need to repost those videos?)
If you ask me just try any solution you or the community came up with or open a tread yourself to discuss it. (That would probably get the best results. Remember unlike our treads you can ban people to keep it clean)

If a little patch introduces a problem, they have a way higher chance of finding what caused it by examining said little patch and are able to fix it faster. If a big patch brings any number of problems that are not directly apparent what caused them, they have to look at everything to find out what caused the problem, taking way longer (For how many days did the backend error survive that came with 1.1? Right, its archived. Almost 2 weeks) For reference:

Patch 1.1 on May 31. : [PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.1 Content Update
Patch 1.1.0.3 on June 12. : [PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.3

It’s not only about backend errors… It’s about all bugs… you’re right that it’s easier to track something with the lil patch, but if you patch step by step, it’s much more work in the end. The next fix could’ve ended in the same Backend error and they have to search again and again… just remember the packmaster audio issue… Hotfix into Hotfix into Hotfix…
It’s more useful and ressourceful to take some time… it wont help the game to Hotfix everything… it all have to work together in a big Update… it saves time and they can concentrate on minor issues and don’t have to find/ fix new bugs from every Patch…

If a “fix” leads into the same problem again, then its a poor fix. Simple as that. And if a fix they put in place for a bug in a major update fails to deliver, how is that ANY different from a tiny update’s bug.

Again, exactly how does it reduce the time they spend on finding and fixing a bug if they bundle together a big update? 2 weeks. For 2 weeks a game-breaking bug was in the game that affected every single player that gave a damn about the loot system, their gear, anything inventory related.

fat shark, i am at inventory cap, cannot open more boxes. being stuck in this state and cannot get the new DLC weapon if nothing is changed :frowning:

plz help D:!

1 Like

What is the cap? And does dust and scrap stuff count towards it?

i believe the cap is 1000 items.

items that counts towards this cap are:

gear, deeds, illusions.

which is kindda awkward because im reaching the 100 game hat thingy. i dont think i can get it now lol.

ok im all depressed now ._.

who is lohner kidding, the ubersreik 5 is all he’s got! or 4 it doesn’t matter

Does scrapping items not clear space?

The saddest thing about this is how we’re still getting bug fixes of things that were supposedly fixed,meanwhile we had so few balance changes that the game became extremely repetitive for dedicated players.

Health on kill, UP weapons that you’d like to use more often,only why lessen your chances of getting an nth duplicate of a red that you don’t want if you can just take halberd so that maybe you can survive those 4 disablers simultaneously spawning inside a horde that’s in melee range? The only place where weapon choice doesn’t matter is the barrels by the bridge on Halescourge,because you can attack through them and laugh at the absurdity of a ratling being pushed out by 60 rats spawning directly on him(I really wonder where the good 'ol horde spawn points from L4D went).

New maps being released is cool,this way we won’t have to wander about spots on vanilla maps that are dead ends serving no purpose whatsoever.

I hope theres new weapons and cosmetics but ill take balances and bug fixes too :grinning:

It was another problem… the blightstormer audio issue. ^^

It could be even 1 year to find and fix a bug like this, because it could be all. Or just 1 day if you’re lucky. You cant take that 2 weeks as standard.

Everything has a relationship in the code. It happens so fast, that something is broken with a new patch and you haven’t changed there something. Just new Content or another bug fix cant work together with it in some situations.

If you really want to be sure, that all works fine , you’ve to test nearly the whole game, after every lil fix. The Audio issue is the perfect example for it.

Community cries - hotfix - hotfix was ok , but brought a new bug - Community cries again - FS have to investigate and looses time to fix other stuff.
It’s better to bring a major update , which got tested as good as they could , than to “repair” the game at every corner in an endless loop.

Programming isnt that easy , like the most maybe think. You cant switch a variable and say " it will all work now. "

yes… about that

i dont wanna scrap red items or hats.

nothing else to salvage im afraid :I

Sounds like they MIGHT have spent more time making sure everyone was working from the same version so they don’t reintroduce the old bugs. Only time will tell though :D. Once again, I am cautiously optimistic as I still enjoy the game and would welcome any content at this stage.

Can’t remember the exact details of the comment but I remember thinking at the time that it sounds like a lot of the main issues plaguing the community at the moment. We’ll probably just have to patiently wait until its out before we know as I doubt we will receive any significant bits of information before the release.

I hope these new maps will have their own separate quick play, otherwise we won’t get to see them very oftnen.

1 Like
Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu