Sell Me Cosmetics (and Why You Should Consider an In Game Shop in General)

Oh golly gee I wonder how EA could have EVER come up with Battlefront 2 lootboxes, ever!
Not that they werent shabby since the get go anyway.

2 Likes

From Fatshark, I would rather buy digital. From EA, I’d rather light my skin on fire.

Only suggesting this for this specific developer because they’ve already done it before tastefully, proving to me they can do it well without being craven douches like EA perpetually is. Cuz like… srsly… f@#$ EA… forever. Sincerely, Everyone, always.

2 Likes

its RNG… no skill required, wtf are you talking about?

3 Likes

Agreed, im honestly fine with certain cosmetics like the skin packs from V1, I would be fine with giving FS more money. As much as I complain I do love Fatshark.

5 Likes

I complain because I love.

2 Likes

All this talk about “earn” is straight bullshit, it’s literally all rng.
I’ve seen ppl with 50 hours 3 cosmetics, and me and my friend got 200+ hours with no cosmetics and we played on champ/legend all the time

2 Likes

I liked the VT1 system where you could buy some of the cosmetic items, I thought they were quite affordable as well. I feel like Fatshark has always priced their stuff pretty fairly. That said I’d love to see some earnable costumes within the game itself as well, alongside any DLC costumes players can buy. Leave the hats as drops only however, I personally say!

1 Like

If we are going to talk about earning here lets be real:
Many of us, most of us have a full time job. Atleast a part time job, where we earn money the real way so we can spend it on crap that does not matter.

So if I spend money on in game cosmetics I have earned those cosmetics legit and with “hard work” out there, you know, in the real world.

1 Like

Read the arguments from top to bottom, yawned. Didn’t change my opinion. I think the suggestion is very welcomed because of my standing with Fatshark and how they’ve treated it in the past, and I see no issue in having earned, RNG-based and purchasable cosmetics . I personally earned all my VT1 hats the painful way but I would not have spat upon a system that allowed me to buy a hat similiar to the aforementioned DLC skins. I bought one for my Dwarf out of goodwill and my love for the Vermintide franchise to grow… and I don’t see why they publically announce a deficit of funds to excuse a lack of content. I don’t think I’ve seen that, but I see no reason to wait for that to occur just to make it a little less provocative for some people in here.

Fatshark has time upon time, both through replies on the forums , Reddit, Twitch and by their business practices (even the lousy VT1 DLC weapon loot-farming that they’ve admitted was a disaster and slyly tried to help last Christmas by giving free weapons.) has shown and proven to ME in person (and I bear grudges, dawri - with many gaming companies these days so I’m hard to impress…) that Fatshark clearly has passion for their product and give much thought to the consumers buying into it.

While there has been issues with feedback, they’ve always explained themselves, i.e shifting their work to different areas, limiting their ability to respond to all forums. I’m always getting a good feeling whenever I read it, despite having moments where I’ve been genuinely and really angry over some design decisions.

Wheter someone wanna believe that or not, that’s your opinion and no, I really don’t care what history you could bring up as I’ve been following them since patch 1.3 in VT1. I’m interested in supporting Fatshark further but I will do so in good faith that they keep out of bad practices and do not roll their rep. in mud like so many others have. I’ve a feeling they wouldn’t, seeing the repercussions that comes with it from gaming communities ever since lootboxes became stigmatized. If I’m wrong about it, I’ll just add another one to my book of grudges.

The righteous do not fall prey to bad business practices, be you unrighteous…? @Fatshark

1 Like

Thats not very hard, considering every other big company is out for money and therefore DLC ridden full price season pass games.
Ubisoft, Sony, SE, Activsion Blizz, EA (especially EA after they just curbstomped Battleforge servers and now fking with Skylords Reborn) … its hard to find a gem in the mud nowadays.

1 Like

I agree. If they can figure out how to tap the whales without hurting the core of the game, that could mean some very nice things for the rest of us.

1 Like

WTF… git gud for loot rng dont you mean git lucky, right?

1 Like

This idea is amazing and needs to be implemented! That way everyone can get cosmetics, they take a lot of effort but it’s guaranteed.

1 Like

I agree, they should add good system for getting cosmetics. Personally i wouldn’t mind paying 3/5 bucks for a couple of high quality skins and hats, and it would only increase my interest in game

1 Like

I remember a time when you earned cosmetics through unlocks and gameplay.

4 Likes

I miss those days

3 Likes

I also remember those days. Jim sterling does a video I think the OP should watch. It centres around how “cosmetic only” content hasn’t worked and has lead to the loot box fiasco we currently face. Basically “cosmetics” used to actually be part of the game. I’d actually prefer to see current system for drops re-jigged (some good ideas in this thread) without adopting a “buy now” model as I think that detracts from the value of said cosmetics. For example im impressed if someone has a cool hat from a hard challenge but not impressed if I know they spent 9.99 for it. Would prefer to just see more locked cosmetics (as in you still need to earn) added as part of DLC with maps with the price of DLC raised accordingly.

I’m talking about doing the same thing they’ve already successfully done in V1 and with the Collector’s Edition of V2, not doing EA trash lootbox bs. Only even mentioned that other games are doing it because it’s a common practice that Fatshark has proven they can do well.

2 Likes

I do not see the issue with this. its something totally optional that people can get to support the game. its not like it is gonna hurt anything and as they have said above its something that they already have done.

Most players will not dedicate as much time as the fan-base here trying to improve the game. So tying it behind progress will literally only benefit the hardcore players. (or the players with no jobs that have all the time in the world to “Git gud” or more likely. “Git carried”) but who says they cant do both? frankly i have already bought 5 copy’s of the game to make friends play with me. i WANT to support this company. that is a simple way to do it and get something cool in return. They want to make people more interested in end game? then make the coolest / bad ass gear locked behind achievements.

The argument is still valid to just allow people who love the game to support it with harmless cosmetics. casual players, due to RL (Work, social, family, ext.) should have a way to get something extra and still support the game so that they will make either more games or make this one better. Its not like they have to do anything crazy with paid skins.

Greedy corrupt people will always find ways to exploit people. End of Story.

1 Like

Well it woud be OK if there is game shop which sells very small amount of specialy designed stuff (which CANT drop in game, ( like pay 5 bucks to WHC jacket, but this jacket cannot drop in game), I can understand microtransactions like this, its like supporting devs, so they get extra money for expainding game, anyone happy.

However…
To buy low drop chance cosmetics with money: BIG NO (font 72)

To support any aspect of pay 2 win concept… BIG NO,(font 72), evry game who tryed it ended in disaster (Lost playerbase in few weeks)

1 Like