Selectable changes to grenades or skill types - like flare grenades or magical flashes for example

After the recent changes made to the environment with modifiers

• I have to admit the game is SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging in a very good way. It’s clear to me that this new direction of darkness in the levels is intended to change the way we approach our progression through the levels by requiring a bit more teamwork.

Grenades are a selectable piece of equipment in the game. They are not just an action button to press and throw it since your active weapon SWITCHES to the grenade. This seemed very clunky to me at first, however, it made me curious about possible different styles of grenades or use skills in the future. Like a piece of gear in our equipment inventory that we select or a talent to change them?

I feel it’s fair to discuss the option. At present, flares are the first thing that comes to mind in place of grenades. Flares would be way more beneficial in many missions, considering the new environment we have to trudge through in levels. A change like this may positively enhance the playstyle for a lot of veterans (or other classes through skill changes) by requiring a bit more unit cohesion with proper placement of flares for the group to utilize.

Other potential options for grenades could be:
-Molotov bomb similar to what the bombers use
-Freezing bomb that slows enemies that enter the area
-Pepper/Flash bomb to reduce enemies accuracy
-Smoke bomb to prevent enemies from seeing you
-Electrical bomb to slightly damage and stun enemies

Additionally it would make the veteran grenade talents a bit more useful. On my Veteran, I barely use grenades with the exception of helping my team get a breather during horde waves. As a result of them being so situational, I’m never compelled to take any of the grenade talents such as ‘8% chance to gain a grenade on kill’ or ‘generate a grenade every 60 seconds’ for example.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

I want something like that but it’s unlikely because that seemed to be the original plan. there was talk of a grenade slot and a few other things here and there that you could customise or change. Somehow the accessories turned out to be even bigger stat sticks, not even ‘gadgets’ like how they were referred to earlier. No traits affecting grenades (probably didn’t want to deal with the wildly different ‘grenade’ types probably and from there, there isn’t any other grenade types apart from the defaults.)

1 Like

+1 for different grenade types and flares, ogryns don’t have access to a weapon with a flashlight.