Saltzpyre´s "magic"

i have simple question, when Saltzpyre heard Sigmars voice which was Be´lakor (trying to turn him into WP or one of his champions), then who gave him that power which we see in the game(fury and shield)? Sigmar or Daemon prince ? and doesnt that make him chaos champion ?

any good explanation?

Concidering what is assumed to be Sigmar helped the 5 (or 4…dosent matter) in the temple of Sigmar in righteous stand and Victor is far from the only WP with said holy powers. It is very possible they legitimately came from sigmar

Was THAT what happened?

I was really confused why the statues hammer suddenly started glowing and nuked the room all the sudden. Gameplay reason I know why, it’s just like how Athel Loren wiped the area clean at the end or why Oleysia suddenly wiped all the enemies out…with grey magic somehow…but Righteous Stand’s conclusion always came out of nowhere.

Didn’t he like, reincarnate into Karl Franzs corpse?

I…think so in the Karl Franz thing?

But yeah as to the room nuke…gameplay wise…odvious but it was a statue of sigmar, in a temple of sigmar. While at least one of the 5 was fighting in Sigmar’s name. It is never full on confirmed but i always asusmed it was Sigmar in lore.

To top it all off the exsistance of the gods arent exactly in…question in the warhammer world xD. They actually do stuff from time to time. Like nurgle changing the gatekeeper into a chaos spawn halfway through in skittergate.

1 Like

how can we be so sure ? but it would be weird if dark prince would be able to give someone magic of the light, he probably tried to fool saltz and turn him into chaos side ? but sigmar striked and gave him “helping hand” and gifted him with light magic…? probably

I think its not too strange to assume that Sigmar noticed Saltz after that whole temple fight and was somewhat keeping an eye on him and then at some point later noticed that Be’lakor was doing his own thing. At which point Sigmar just decided to take Saltz in because Be’lakor is fated to lose more than he wins.

We can be fairly sure, i do not think any Demon has been known to hand out any power that looks or works like that. Holy fire that burns chaos corruption and minions but leaves everything else untouched.

We cant be 100% sure because its not confirmed but a ton of stuff in warhammer rarely is and you often have to draw your own conclusions. The ones i have are leading me to belive that maybe Sigmar had his eye on Victor and when he took the path to Warrior Priest blessed him with the powers of that profession.

My guess is that Victor’s faith skyrocketed when he thought he heard Sigmar, and then again (after a moment of self-doubt) when he saw Be’lakor thwarted (which is no mean feat in the warhammer world).
So yeah, the entire pilgrimage was Be’lakor’s attempto to gain power by manipulating the U5, but in the end Victor gained his WP status thanks to his faith in Sigmar. (There’s some dialogue, or a Lohner’s post, maybe, that mentions he’s not officially ordained, but that it doesn’t really matter)

so technicaly his faith in sigmar was so strong he technicaly “forced” that power to himself

1 Like

It’s my understanding faith is what makes stuff happen.
But it’s all a bit confusing. On the one hand only the chaos gods seem to be real, on the other hand the age of sigmar happened (or so they claim, I’ll believe it when I see it)

Both Chaos Gods and other gods exist.

But the “non” chaos gods (not counting the old Law God) are things that exist but not on the same strata

Basically you have:

Immaterium (Chaos Gods) → Create the Wind of Magic (Through the various Chaos Gates) → Entities ascend upon the Wind of Magic (Normal gods)

Now those gods aren’t on the same level as the Chaos Gods, but they are real and have powers.

Probably still Sigmar or one of Sigmar’s servants

1 Like

I remember a line with Kerillian saying that the human gods are “pale reflections” (or imitations) of the elven ones. Can you clarify this as well?

Very simple. Kerillian is an insufferable arrogant bi**h who comes from an entire race of elves who are honestly even more so then her.

Also i am fairly conviced that comparatively she is at her teenage state of development.

The elven gods do exsist as much as any but they are not the complete and utter paragons of majesty she claims them to be.

I think there might be more about it. I’m under the impression the garden variety gods manifest as psyonic gestalts or something in the warhammer world, and as the asrai are more proficient at it than humans there it may lie the root of the issue. (I’m not sure if the human gods are like aspects of the elven gods or something like that).
Still, never trust an elgi that clings to a tree.

It would not be the first time she twisted massively or even stright up denied the truth. For example when her and Bardin are talking about Kruber becoming a grail knight he says something about “That king of yours treating Bretonia like his own private hunting grounds”

Kerilian outright denies this as Sigmarite propaganda but this actually to some extent is completely something they do.

It is called the Wild Hunt where the king/god (long story) of the wood elves Kurnous leads a group of elves (mostly angry, young, hot blooded and fight at the world males but not all) out of Athel Loren to hunt down pretty much anything. Like Bardin states two legs or four it dosent bother him(Kurnous). They hunt whatever they come across be it human, orc, goblin…or anything else

Yes, that’s also written in the bretonnian manual. But that made me think: might there be more about it? The faction books are usually written from the perspective of that faction.
That’s another thing I’m not very clear about, but I seem to remember the wild hunt is more fay than elves. I’m just saying, that’s another instance where I’d like Wutelgi to elaborate further.

Well certain of them are in short.

Manaan/ Mathlann; Lady/ Ladrielle-Lileath…

But while they are Elven gods, they aren’t elf, Elf are just the one that remember them from the earliest, but other ones come wholly from Human civilisations, Sigmar, Myrmidia, Bear god (Not White Widow, that’s a Law God)…

All of them are manifestations from the Winds of Magic, though some were spirits before becoming such.

It’s why Incarnate in the ET exist

Well that’s somewhat correct, that’s why Dwarf for example have something different than God, being their Living Anscestor (Which can still have Divine Magic from)

The whole ascension circuitry seems to work of faith to a large degree, like how Sigmar became a God because his sufficiently numerous people saw him as divine, at least enough to get the ascension started. Followed by gradually growing empire + faith kept that train going. Even if Tzeench did manage to throw a wrench in there.

Then meanwhile given Keri’s perspective that she knows about the whole Lady of the Lake thing…its not weird for her proud self to happily proclaim that Humans have no idea what they worship. Until she suddenly does see Saltz actually do some manner of Sigmarite Miracles at which point she does have a line or two actually noting that she might have been wrong in this particular case. Although if i recall, she’s lowkey about it and doesnt forget to state that she feels like the miracles arent super great. Just to make sure no one gets the idea she’s surprised/awed or anything.

1 Like