Running and Stamina

Stamina is an essential part of the game, it is needed to block, push, run and for one Veteran’s ability, and I understand why stamina is drained when blocking or pushing, it is so you wouldn’t do it infinitely, but why is it drained when running?
This just slows down the match for no reason, makes the game feel a bit more slugginsh and the engagement becomes a bit like a waiting game for melee characters.

It may be because running can be used to dodge bullets, but I think it wouldn’t make it unbalanced if we could run around longer. Or it may be so people wouldn’t spread out, but it really doesn’t make sense to me, people still can do it with or without stamina to run.

So, please, make it so running would not have an ability to drain all of my stamina, for example:
Running doesn’t drain stamina, but makes it so stamina wouldn’t regenerate.
Running drains only 10-50% of stamina, and if its drained you still can run at the same speed. (Perk for running would lower the max stamina drained)

These are my propositions and all of them will remove that jogging, well, I don’t think that anyone liked it anyway.
Thank you for reading.

4 Likes

People slide around anyways to avoid gun fire which pauses stamina drain. I mentioned it before here but I think current sprint should be “jogging” with no stamina cost, and there should be “sprinting” which does drain stamina fast and you stow away your weapons to do it. But maybe that would be too similar to “charge” abilities. Or allow you to outrun melee enemy units.

2 Likes

It really would be good if we could jog on command and not wait till stamina will run out.
But in my opinion, that in-between shouldn’t really be, it’s unnecessery, it would be a lot better if we could just decide if we want to run or not without worrying about stamina.
And my example with limited stamina drain was taken from Mordhau, where it’s max drain is 10%, which makes it something to consider but doesn’t bother too much

2 Likes

This is why i run all stamina curios and sprint efficiency curios.

BUH DUM, TISH

3 Likes

i have hp, th and stam currious, but all of them have perks for stamina related activities. it makes night and day difference on vet. without that vet feels like a sumo.

2 Likes

I’ll preface this by saying that I’d like for dodging to not interupt stamina regen, because as it stands stamina regen is pretty f***ed. Having said that - you gotta be careful with how powerful you make running away. Like enemies gotta be able to close in on you somehow.

3 Likes

I don’t think that enemies not being able to close in is such a problem, after all they will not gonna die on their own. But stamina regen is indeed wierd, and the wierdest part is that every character has different timing of it

Enemies definitely gotta be able to close in, cause otherwise melee units don’t exert any pressure on the player.

2 Likes

On their on they pretty much never pressure players, like one pox walker or crusher, but the mixture of them makes them a death wall, they don’t necessarily need to close in on you to pressure you especially if there are some ranged units nearby.

Also, it is possible to consistantly dodge them and run away from them even now, the only problem in doing so is specials and ranged units, and that’s why I think making player be able to always run around will not make much of the difference besides making this process easier, and more responsive movement is always fun.

But now that I think about it, I think that running constantly will make dodging somewhat less needed and in the same time if it will be able to restore its count while you run will be busted, so making dodge count not restore while running would make some sense.
In the end I still want running not deplete all of stamina.

1 Like