I feel like pretty much every tank career needs a rework, Zealot is busted, UC is amazing, FK and IB are boring and basically feel like untalented versions of their careers, and HM utility really isn’t that useful.
Im open to suggestions on how to fix these problems but some of the numerous issues are as follows:
Zealot Im sure is obvious so we will skip over him for now.
Unchained can basically perma cast, reworking her ability to quickvent cast spam, may be a way to keep her more engaged in melee if that is the intended goal, otherwise she doesn’t have many drawbacks compared to the other careers.
Ironbreaker doesn’t make sense for this game, his only really damage output career makes him a ranged class with way too much protection which is an issue for a number of reasons.
- His ranged has absurd horde clear and denies THP
- You can get away with spamming to win
- He requires little to no mechanical skill
- He is the tankiest class in the game and is very forgiving, which teaches bad habbits
- He has basically 0 damage talents making other options for competitive dps basically 0, which doesn’t really work well in the game model since there are no real aggro tables outside of his long CD active, outside of his spam builds he brings almost nothing to the team.
FK: Same as IB but to a lesser degree, while he has a good set of equipment he is basically a worse version of Merc, with limited damage talents and weak ranged options (only due to reload, and lack of power talents) he brings very little to the team that others do not, Merc for example is able to THP spam to make up for the lack of tankiness, but that also benefits allies all while putting out considerable damage due to high % power talents, passives, and increased cleave.
Handmaiden: HM, is kinda odd, her stamina regen is fairly useless and she really only excels at horde clear, she is certainly a bit more damagey than FK or IB if used correctly due to elven weapon load outs, but once again its nothing other classes can’t do with much more efficiency, her only real boon in the dash stealth, which offers her essentially a cheat death mechanic, making her feel like an awkward supporty role. I think her only changes need to be adjustment to her passives, perhaps make them a little more useful.