Request: Clearification on premium currency shop timers

Good day,
I am sorry in advance that I need to post my request here (it is no discussion and no feedback), but I want to know what happened with the timers in the premium currency shop and/or what relevance they had(?).

Because in my country deceiving design patterns are not accepted and at least in some situations illegal, I wanted clarification on their meaning (and to know if it is “safe” to use the shop now).

Were they used to create an artificial shortage or just to promote the current skins?
If it is the latter, does this mean that we now/ in the near future get access to the “whole shop” and are able to purchase and see all skins unrestricted or what is/ was this about?

Thank you in advance for an answer to my request!
Stay safe :vulcan_salute:t3:

1 Like

Well, in the latest community update they addressed the premium shop, that they will makes some changes to it this Wednesday, so i guess they are holding off with new stuff until then.

1 Like

Okay, I see that I was relocated to “General Discussion”, even while I wanted assistance with a Technical Request regarding the “Premium Currency Store”.

Well, mayhaps I get an answer here.
Thanks, CM for relocating me, I guess?

I know what you mean, but the timers are gone, it is not

I am referring to, because the change is already been done.

I want the reason and what’s it about, like some sort of patch notes or similar.
My reasoning is not to blame FS for doing the right thing (removing the timers), far from it(!), I just want to know what it is about, because they did it already - just what exactly?

Again, I kindly request further information why the timers were removed (or if they are only hidden) and what their purpose were/ is.
Thank you.

Regarding the update on the issue:

This is sad to read.

So FS still uses the timer as a deceiving design pattern. It puts pressure on the customers and they do not get to see the whole shop.

This is not permitted as of the General Data Protection Regulation, which is in effect for the European Union.
I would welcome it, if we could get info about this topic why FS ignores laws in the EU (and as far as I know similar laws of other countries)?
It is prohibited as in:

Dark patterns are interfaces and user experiences that cause users to make unintended, unwilling and potentially harmful decisions regarding the processing of their personal data. This influences users’ behaviour and ability to effectively protect their personal data.

Especially because the community also wants such timers gone.
(Additionally they are not needed! Real money prices, sales and e.g. feature pages would have the same effect without circumventing the law.)

If greedy corporations like Microsoft can monetize a game like Sea of Thieves without a timer and just simply have 10 pages of cosmetics to browse, then FatShark should be able to do it too. There’s no good reason to have the timer. Timer should only be present for SALES - aka DISCOUNTS - not as a way to dripfeed content that’s finished and ready for sale/consumption.

That being said, a simple word on WHEN the next set of cosmetics are available would have been a good start, but they couldn’t even mention that…

2 Likes

Right!

Also it worked so well in VT2.
Take the best of VT2 with e.g. “feature pages” and call it a day. Would be nice looking (what FS wants), working, showing all (for the ones who want to browse) and legal.