Report players in game?

Just met a player named “Jew”

Couldn’t report his name.

3 Likes

Similar thing last night, saw a guy named “JewHammer”

Similarly, womanhater, wifeabuser and masterrace.

I don’t understand the problem here.

1 Like

At the moment (as far as I know) there isn’t a feature. What I would do in the meantime is to collect screenshots, video, and player info (Social tab in game menu) to store while also bringing the issue up until a feature in implemented. Hope that helps.

No really, what’s the problem? I’m not joking, I don’t understand. His name is Jew. How is this something worthy of a report? Would it also be a problem if his name was Goldstein? I understand perhaps if he was named Jew and was also behaving inappropriately, but I fail to understand how the name alone is a problem.

Oh and whether such feature comes out is up to Fatshark. We’ll have to wait and see :slight_smile:

I would have to agree…if it’s JUST the name and not any kind of actions taken by that player then just leave well enough alone and move on with your life. What one person may find offensive others may not…such as this. Now if this person named “Jew” was in the main chat spouting hate speech that would be something entirely different.

And FYI it may be his actual name…I grew up with a kid whose name was actually Jew (and yes his family was Jewish, they thought it was clever)

There is a guy in the group I play with a lot who is very religious and doesn’t care for lewd/trashy (as he calls them) names. He just blocks them in the social tab and moves on with his life.

Context matters for sure which is why, if it is important to you, to collect relevent information that is important for your case. It’s a tough undertaking and glad we the players don’t have to deal with these sorts decision makings.

Wonderful product Fatshark has created and I don’t envy their position in this matter. In the end it will be up to Fatshark on how to proceed.

I saw a guy called “blackbabylyncher” :confused:
please ban people like that fatshark

1 Like

I’m really not understanding why you’d want to report this (other than virtue signaling). Obviously they’re Jewish. . .

why necro a nearly month old thread just to say you don’t care?

1 Like

Stop supporting plausible deniability and dog whistling.

1 Like

“Jew” is not a bad name

Right, in an online place of anonymity, you really think this person put this name there because:

A) It’s their actual name.
B) It’s their actual religion.

Nope, not buying it.

Occam’s razor dude. Don’t be naive.

1 Like

Yup, probably just a jewish person.

Given today’s climate with anti-semitism, I’d say that’s a very naive approach and I would disagree with you as a mod.

But you’re free to believe what you will.

Good day. If you require the last word to beat a dead horse, go for it.

1 Like

so this sort of thing is just ok then? we’re just gunna let things devolve into 4chan? (this isn’t all he said either)

I’d like to be able to report people like this to ensure it doesn’t spread. worst part is i couldn’t even block him. he didn’t turn up on the recently played with list.

Yeesh. Super cringe. Like, even if they’re doing it for shock value, that’s a price you just don’t pay. You don’t sell your soul for shock value. THey might say “Oh, but I would!” Then sure, if you sell your soul for shock value, that makes you racist.

To expand what’s implied in the sentence it’s: "You don’t sell your soul for shock value in the sake of humor and expect to be free from being called a racist "

1 Like

I mean other names in this post can be really offensive. But “Jew” can be a problem? Is that thing that put nickname like that is an insult to the ethnic?

I mean When I see some nickname like “Greek”, or “Germanen”, I won’t think anything.