Repeater pistol needs help

Right now it’s the fastest close range special killer in the game on BH, but it sacrifices a bit too much overall for this.

I’d say reinforce this aspect by giving it a mobility boost and some QoL changes:

• Dodge range buff to 1.10 from 1.0 and dodge count increased to 4 from 3 (it’s a pistol so more mobility than the Repeater Handgun but less than BoP seems fair to me).
  • Alt fire windup decreased. Immediate alt-fire spread is wide, holding it for a moment decreases the spread.
  • Make crits penetrate shields?
  • Remove weird slide that happens after dodging with melee and then switching to the Repeater Pistol.

I think a good balance would be on WHC/Zealot it’s a faster close range special killer with more ammo than BoP, allowing it to dedicate itself to this purpose at the cost of armoured elite killing which BoP can still manage, while on BH his crits extend its usefulness to armoured targets.

What should the alt-fire do? What should be its purpose? Currently it’s a shotgun that’s only effective against clumped Maulers and Berserkers, with some use against CWs on BH. I think having the spread decrease after holding it for a moment lets it be more useful against distant targets, as the alt-fire actually has less damage dropoff than the left click.

2 Likes