Remove Pox Hound "Feature"

Earlier today… not much of an issue. Annoying, don’t care for it but, doable.

This evening, they’re spawning every minute and behaving like normal pox hounds in that they don’t shake loose. They’re staying on the player full duration.

Just get rid of them. Shut it off, please. The game’s unplayable.

Not anywhere close. They are a bit janky, but saying that the game is unplayable is hyperbole. It’s not even remotely true.

There are plenty of things to complain about, and the hounds are one of them, but it’s not all that bad.

3 Likes

How about no?
Just pick the missions without hounds. It’s like half the missions without the modifier.

3 Likes

What my team just experienced was obviously not intended and vastly different than earlier today.

I have been playing a lot on damnation recently as zealot and the hounds are great I kinda want them in all my games.

New hounds are great you hear them then you got 10-30 seconds to hunker down and funnel them though a choke point all guns aimed at the one or two openings.

If your whole team thinks they can just stay out in the open and jumped from all angles your gonna lose.

3 Likes

My only bad experience with them was on Hab Damn earlier today. Instead of coming fairly quickly they just trickled in 1-3 at a time for like a straight minute. That was kinda tedious but still generally fine. Most other times I’ve encountered this modifier it’s been enjoyable with no further caveats needed.

1 Like

Honestly I’m really liking what they’ve done with the hounds. They’ve become a kind of mini-event that spices up the normal gameplay, much like monstrosities. You have some time to prepare, but you can get overrun if you’re not careful. Stick together and find a choke point, and you’re mostly good.

3 Likes

Speaking for myself, I really like the new hounds. I hope they keep the new condition around. In fact, I’d like to see them have a chance to appear on all missions (similar to monstrosities).

No. The hounds are just fine. If you’re getting mauled by them then maybe the issue is your lack of planning. Then again that seems a common refrain in this game. People doing stupid stuff that might work in a cheap action movie but gets the trashed here demanding that the game change to make their “tactics” work.

Oh and anyone else noticing how often these utterly inane demands come from accounts with random letters for a name? Almost like we have just a few morons running bot accounts.

Just hug a corner or some cover, close the ranks and don’t aggro new mobs when a wave comes.

Perhaps, as they said, they are testing (covertly) different kinds of this modifier, but it is not certain.

Personally, I quite liked it in the first days after the patch and removing it is a mistake. It’s a lot better than what it was before.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.