Red Weapons / Curio Consecration, and Lock Removal!

so Locks on Weapon and Curios has been a hot debate topic, and their has been many ideas on how they should be handled.

from @Ryshek 's #breakTheLocks
to @Flawless 's How to fix: Endgame, Gear Progression and Ressource Imbalances all at once

so i thought i would try a different approach, let us Consecrate into Red Weapons.
Currently it costs resources to upgrade weapons through Consecration.

Gray -to- Green (90-ish Plasteel)
Green -to- Blue (171-ish Plasteel)
Blue -to- Purple (324-ish Plasteel) (100-ish Diamantine)
Purple -to- Gold (617-ish Plasteel) (225-ish Diamantine)

why not add another level,
Gold -to- Red (1172-ish Plasteel) (506-ish Diamantine) (locks Removed)

all Plasteel upgrades seem to follow a x1.9(augmented by weapon Rating)
all Diamantine upgrades seem to follow a x2.25(augmented by weapon Rating)

as a side note things that would also help:
allow Diamantine to be traded for Plasteel at Hadron.
and allow Weapons Stats to be Rerolled(like Perks) at Hadron.
(at a rate of 1Diamantine to 3Plasteel)

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?
Thanks

5 Likes

Don’t reds (presumably Master Crafted in 40k speak) have 3 perks in VT2? I can’t remember. How would that be handled?

Yeah this also seems like a decent solution, although realistically, it kinda nullifies the point of locking the perks/blessings in the first place because what’s the point of having that locked only to be unlocked later?

I think locks should just outright be removed, and then if we do this system, consecrating to red means that the base stats are all boosted to max.

i could accept that, lets say it sets the Stats to 400Total
so you could have 80 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 80
or reroll that to 95 / 95 / 70 / 70 / 70,
with no stat dropping lower than 70

1 Like

Nope.
In V2 reds are identical to oranges in regard to the number of bonuses they have, except they always are max ilvl and always have max bonus values on perks („properties“ in V2).
So the darktide equivalent would be all stats 80 (or 100), tier 4 perks and tier 4 blessings.

Although it would be pretty cool to have a third perk and a third blessing.

3 Likes

Love it! Upgrading depends on the base modifier score; here’s the table I compiled for max level weapons:

Level 380 Consecration Costs Table
Plasteel Diamantine
Profane to Redeemed: 150 0
Redeemed to Anointed: 200 0
Anointed to Exalted: 400 125
Exalted to Transcendent: 700 300
Total (Profane to Transcendent): 1450 425

Returning to VT2, you had a ~16% chance to get a Red item out of an Emperor’s Vault ( maximum reward for completing all of the objectives in a level 4 difficulty map). Call it one every 6.25 full-book (three tomes, two grimoires) runs.

Translating this into Darktide, you can earn up to 440 Plasteel and 195 Diamantine per map, assuming you find ALL of the pickups. Multiply that by 6.25, and you get 2,750 Plasteel and 1,218.75 Diamantine.

If you round those up to 3,000 Plasteel and 1500 Diamantine, That represents about five Damnation runs, which seems about right, or ~1-4 per week, depending on how hard you’re farming Damnation missions for them.

This doesn’t put them out of reach for Malice players, who would need at least 12 runs to collect enough resources to get one.

1 Like

Added this to the wall of remembrance and veneration.

hope its more than that, someday…