Now let’s see if the speculation holds up to my own inventory:
Red total: 103

Melee total: 39 (38%)
Ranged total: 25 (24%)
Necklaces: 11 (11%)
Charms: 8 (8%)
Trinkets: 20 (19%)
Trinket total: 39 (38%)

Now this amount is not sufficient enough to draw steadfast conclusions but I would say its’s probably more like:
Melee 33%
Ranged 33%
Trinkets 33%

Feel free to tell me what a lucky bastard I am and to message me your numbers.

If someone still has a whole unscrapped inventory that could be of use as well since other qualities probably use the same calculation.
Since I am able to fav thing I only kept a copy of every interesting illusion and scrap everything else.

… lol really?

the intended mechanism is it being random. Obviously it’s not weighted to give the most useless items… plenty of people that post on here have all the stuff they wanted too.

Hedge i read this and i had an erection, i hope sigmar bless you and fatshark team :heart:

i had to get 10 red shotgun and bows before getting me 1st Xsword >_>

3 Likes

How about in the next title you introduce a system you steadily amass resources to craft ANY item of your choice? Despite what your designers seem to believe we don’t play this game for the RNG aspect, we play because it has good replayability and the coop factor.

3 Likes

RNG is a Warhammer cornerstone, I don’t think it’s going anywhere :confused:

This is spot on. Anyone played Blood Bowl for PC? A fast track to instant blood pressure problems. RNG for everything.

The alternative to RNG is, of course, complete grind to get mats to craft what you want. Having some kind of enormous list of mats to get Kruber’s Carroburg Captain armour skin isn’t any better as it smack of MMO timesink bad design.

People already get in a mood about doing 100 runs for Hats, so doing something like 500 runs to get the material drops for the armoursmith to make your chosen skin is going to annoy people even more.

[edit] and simply giving people a skin after 500 runs is eventually going to happen to lots of their playerbase. Doing DEEDS to get red shards to forge weapons might work, but it’s still timesink design even if there is some choice and skill invloved in doing deeds. It might incentivize people to actually do the bloody things though…

1 Like

I started Legend 3 weeks ago. I think I have close to 50 Legend wins, probably over 80 losses due to pub games. I only played Unchained for all of these games, so far accruing 18 Red items. My current Veteran item table is:

• 5 Trinkets
  • 6 Necklaces
  • 4 Charms
  • 2 Flamestorm staves
  • 1 Fire Sword

This isn’t RNG, this is trolling, when you consider the table of available Weapons is far, far larger than available jewelry. In fact, Weapons outnumber jewelry 3:1 in probability, yet in my drops, very clearly jewelry drops outnumber weapon drops 5:1 in ratio. This isn’t a small skew in probability, lol, it’s very clearly a design choice.

Big picture, devs are wondering why player retention is so low. I mean, can you blame them? The loot system is a scam, basically teaching players your time is wasted if you care at all about loot (which most players do).

1 Like

I think that the choice has been made because trinkets/charms/necklaces are available across all characters and as such a player might like to have various builds across those characters - as such a higher level of trinkets and charms etc is needed to allow players to give their different characters different builds. I’m not agreeing with the decision but I can see where the logic lies.

Would you be content for the variety of weapons to also be across all characters? Playing as Unchained myself, I’d get real annoyed if I kept getting dwarf weapons. The range of weapons available for just Sienna is quite low really, so if the weapons had the same droprate as trinkets, I’d have loads of all of the weapons quite fast - another version of the same problem.

I personally think people get reds too fast and quite easy, and now the cat is out of the bag people have tons of stuff with nothing to do with it and FS have a big problem deciding how to fix the issue without rewarding people with so much red dust(for example) that it makes any system of creating reds moot, or stiffing those people with lots of reds by making them completely obsolete. This is not a quick and easy fix.

That has been the devs’ reasoning too, but too much is still too much. I get some RNG, and as this is based on a tabletop IP, it’s expected. But here we have multiple layers of RNG stacked on top of each other, affecting loot most of all. From AI Director through loot dice, Ranald’s Blessing, and item type, to item quality, Properties and Traits and possibly Property percentages and Power. Only the first is something that can be compensated for, while all of the last ones need a good result to get what we want, even one going wrong screwing the whole thing. And there is no protection whatsoever from a string of bad luck and through that, frustration.

Personally, I’m not against RNG in general, but I’d like to have something to mitigate the worst parts.

1 Like

I would use the existing upgrade system but add another tier for reds which requires 3-5 red dust plus an existing orange item.
Then at least you can specify the item you want, unlike now when you receive career specific weapons and an abundance of multi-toon items.

Come on fatshark. Of course, getting red is one of main reason to play vt2 but remained players who are very loyal to your game are already have plenty of red and they don’t quit game even if they get all red. Let us have all red. We are players who will stick to the game till it ends. We play vt2 because of fun from battle system not grinding.

1 Like

… uh, that’s how RNG works? Come on, obviously some people are going to have more necklaces, some are gonna have a ton of ranged weapons, some are gonna have loads of everything, some aren’t going to get s***. That’s how random drops work. If you’re going to use only your drops and declare it shows an intentional weighted drop system… well, that’s ridiculous lol.

For reds Across all characters I have
2 necklace
2 charm
3 trinket
5 melee weapons
11 ranged weapons

EDIT I’m not defending the use of rng for drops, on the contrary I don’t like it at all, I’d rather just work towards specific things I want. Just pointing out that there’s no intentional troll system that tries to give you s*** drops, it’s just rng.

after 1040 hours i dont have 17 red weapons(melee/ranged):

3 weapons for kruber
5 weapons for bardin
4 weapons for kerillian
5 weapons for sienna
i have all the weapons for saltz

Reds i have (122):

20 necklace
21 charm
20 trinket
38 melee weapons
23 ranged weapons

well Hedge said they are working on a new system so lets wait : )

1 Like

do i need to post my 40+ charm, 40+ trinket, 40+ necklace?
and if u dont mind can u tell me when did u start to play the game march, april or 1-2 months ago?

… if you want? What’s your point?

I have been playing since the first day of closed beta and have about 470 hours logged.

u right i guess u got lucky
my ratio is 10 to 1 10 items 1 weapon

I didn’t get it back then but I think this is what we will get:

Taking this in Vermintide 1 made me face the superiority of the old UI (controller UI can keep up now), the way better atmosphere of the tavern to the emptiness of the keep as well as the focus of the map (gameplay) in the middle of the room instead of the grind.

1 Like

5 reds for 1 red of which, we have no control over, pulled out of an RNG hat is not worth the dev effort IMO. I’m definitely not gonna throw 5 reds away on a chance of something I want.

3 Likes

I agree. If you are disposing of 3-5 red items you need the ability to specify what you get back. Use dust and the existing upgrade system.
Don’t do rng on top of rng.

3 Likes