Recruit Level

I didn’t play VT1, coming from “For Honor” into this game with massive amounts of Vermin to slice and chop is giving me a blast. I rarely failed a mission on recruit even when my powerlevel was very low. Yes, having a full group of lvl 1’s is hard, especially when a mini-boss spawns and you do almost no damage to him. But THAT is the thing that has pulled me into the game. I love difficult games, having to learn how to move, how to attack, paying attention to audio cues, all of this just gives me an intensive feeling when playing.

And, tbh, even if you fail your first 2 missions - you will be lvl 2-3 and things get rolling. That is my experience from starting as a complete VT noob.

2 Likes

i am really glad that you like vermintide! what a waste that you missed the first one, cos imo it was even more intense than vt2 because you ONLY had weapons and consumables to fight against hordes of rats. it was pure visceral action, not everyone’s cup of tea.

you are the target audience fatshark wants to draw in, not the ones that kinda give up after 2 hours of failing and blaming teammates. bring your friends!

1 Like

Already did, and they are addicted now, too. :smiley:

1 Like

Reasonably sure Fatshark wants to draw in everyone, because they pay. Money will facilitate the development of this game, whereas bad reviews might even discourage those who would have otherwise given it a try.
I’d like if there was a quickplay option of “support newbies”, allowing me to specifically join games with more than one player under level 4, or whatever other measure you have".

1 Like

I have no doubt that it will get easier to beat as you acquire better weapons (V1 was like this) but one of the biggest complaints many had for V1 was that grinding for really good weapons took waaaay too long. We were hoping this would get better in V2, but it looks like it is even worse because you have to grind many of the early levels without ever winning most of them until you can get enough weapons to make a dent on Specials.

V1 was a little like this, where it didn’t get really fun until you had 20+ hrs into getting some good weapons (took me almost 100 hrs to get a red weapon for each character). You shouldn’t have to drudge through hours of frustrating gameplay to reap the rewards of the more effective weapons needed to win. It’s also frustrating to spend 20 minutes beating a level only to be rewarded with a useless trinket or fancy headgear - it’s just too random.

Early reviews I’ve seen have also pointed out the overly difficult gameplay and the randomness of the loot system in V2, so I know others are also concerned about it. I hope there is a patch coming soon to improve these two issues.

1 Like

There are harder difficulties in place so you can have a difficult game, but what we are saying is how recruit is a bit harder than it should be as its the first and only choice new players get. V1 had even easier difficulties where you could pretty much solo the whole thing. Though like I mentioned before, I only think the hard thing about recruit are the bosses.

1 Like

Back to Topic:
I give you an example:

Meanwhile I am lvl 6 and have a green 44 weapon. (playing dwarf)
Last weekend I met with 3 friends. We tried the game: All others were lvl 1. We had 4 runs and they were focused and stay together with me.
As soon as a Boss mob appeared we died all. Bad luck, we have 4 runs and 4 boss mobs. 2 Rat ogres, 1 Troll and 1 (I forgot the name Chaos Wyrm).

After 4 runs my mates dont wanna play again this and we changed to other games. I guess they wont play this again. Thats worse because I think overall V2 is a good game. Just too harsh, frustating the first 3-4 Levels.

1 Like

i stand by my verdict that bosses are too much to handle for new players. hopefully fatshark can do something about it.

1 Like

could always take boss mobs out of the game for recruit, or at least only have the rat bosses for recruit then have the other 2 appear in vet.

i don’t 100% agree with this mainly b/c i never played V1 and i did’t find it to much trouble fighting the bosses but if it helps out the majority enjoy the game i’m down for it. sure i died a few times but i never went more than 2-3 games without winning a map at starting lvls and by lvl 5 i was trying to top stat screen b/c recruit was to easy and i would hardly ever lose on recruit. plus you’re getting exp even when you lose so when you level (usually after 1-2 loses) you get a chest for leveling up

1 Like

If bosses are the sticking point in Recruit, then they should be nerfed and/or remove non-scripted bosses. However, I think this is the problem 9 times out of 10…

1 Like

LOL when the first guy jumped down after the barn i could see it coming miles away. always funny to see a straggler getting jumped

It’s annoying when people run off… I have a really hard time choosing to either stay with the main group or go with the one running off, both are bad choices but I feel like going with the bad team player kind of validates their kind of game play. I usually tell them to not run off regardless if I follow them or not. Sure, in easier difficulty levels it’s usually fine and you usually have time to fetch them before they die but specials can still get you and it’s not the kind of game play which is good. You can always play with bots if you want to decide everything by yourself.