GK is fairly weak, it excels at one and only thing while giving up everything else that makes for a complete class. That is, it’s good at single target boss damage and (maybe) elite damage. Arguably, shade does everything GK can do and better which bodes the question, why use GK when you can use shade?
- Very strong boss damage, comparable to shade F skill.
- Good single target first hit damage due to 25% buff and a further 25% talent buff
- Gimmick tasks that give permanent buffs to team for mission
- Absolutely no ability to control hordes. A single hyper density pack and GK is instantly dead without any way out.
- F skill leaves GK vulnerable for ~0.5-1 second while it’s activating. Often times, this is enough time for the target to get a hit in, may or may not be fatal depending on difficulty
- Bretonnian weapons are completely inferior to Empire ones. Longsword is lack luster compared to E-sword. S/S is completely outclassed by Empire M/S or S/S
- No damage mitigation skills like FK or IB.
- Very slow moving
- No ranged to deal with team wiping specials such as multiple gas rats/ratling guns/assassins, while shield allows for no damage from warpfire ground burning effects will still damage.
GK needs to get:
- improvements to horde control, for example, changing light 3 on B-S/S to light 2 would help immensely
- better Bretonnian weapons, seriously, why is GK forced to use Empire weapons instead of Bretonnian ones because the former is simply superior? Sure you can use them but it’s like intentionally handicapping yourself to do so.
- some manner of “ranged” weapon that allows one to deal with specials at range (Slayer got throwing axes for this exact reason, no?)
- faster F skill animation or invulnerability while it’s in action (being poked by a SV while you’re attempting to F skill said SV is pretty ridiculous). The F skill weakness is not present in other classes as F activation is generally much faster, knocks back and or makes target lose lock and cease attacking. The reason behind this weakness is fairly simple, during the animation the blade is brought in front before being used as a sweep or a chop, during that motion, you re completely vulnerable to attack without being able to block. Removing this animation alone would resolve the weakness.
- some manner of damage mitigation buff - seriously, it’s a GK, these guys are tough per lore. In game, FK is better.
- warpfire should stop in front of GK if it’s blocked and not continue to burn through GK. As it burns through GK takes damage from the ground effects which pretty much negates the point of being able to block it to begin with.