RE: Grail knight

Guys chill out, don’t start drama over something so little, it’s the internet, you have to have some distance towards yourself.
I didn’t insult him, just mocked his idea. I know it’s 2020 and everyone gets offended about everything but let’s not do that here at least. I’d understand the rage if I called him names and whatnot but all I did was point out how ridiculous his idea was in a rather playful manner.

And here we are. If GK is okay in his current state, every career that deals fine with elites needs to get cut down. WHC, Shade, BW and ofcourse Slayer. Every single one of them eats Elites as fast or even faster than GK, while having means to disengage that are not tied to bringing a specific weapon. All of them have round about zero issues dealing with Rattling, Fire, Storm, or inconveniently spawned special of other types, since all of them either have a projectile weapon, or are a projectile.

The +10 Movement Speed is also quite the jest. It doesnt make walking out of AoEs any less painful, nor watching the Slayer jump into safety and melee range to wreck the Stormfiend, while you toddle around the AoE to get back to business as a GK.

Strong offense plus no range option plus no mobility plus no DR plus having to bring a shield all the time to not get shrecked by every single bad situation does not equal fine. Especially not if the one thing that supposedly was planned to balance this is a RNG fest passive that might be nice, or completly useless. Even the Hutsmans flat low range 5% crit is a lot more valuable than that and we probably shouldnt bring WHCs always available passive and teambuffs into this at all.

1 Like

What’s the difference between those two? And what is little? You started this.

Pointing out with mocking? What? Is mocking is like nothing to you? You think this can’t be offensive? And how the hell is mocking could be a “manner”?

1 Like

How much I should just take it? And why someone who started always not punished but victim of it does?

I’m not a stress ball or something. I am human too.

That’s fair. Slayer, WHC and Shade are the main offenders. WHC’s Killing Shot and Fervency combo is the main source of issue from them. Slayer is just very powerful and could use some minor tuning down for certain talents. Shade’s Cloaks of Mists talent is the source of their kills.

Then there’s also some range careers that just instantly delete a pat after pressing f. Even RV can be pretty op with a double bomb throw. Huntsmen murders pats too.

Honestly as much as I enjoy it the movement speed passive seems like they couldn’t think of anything else. Something like less damage taken during a heavy attack (but not after) would be more appropriate for a GK that charges into battle with a desire for glory, and adds to the GK vs CW overhead contest aspect that, while humorous, is again appropriate.

I’d personally prefer GK’s excessive damage being toned down slightly (perhaps 10-15%) in exchange for much, much better defense. Quests should be changed into a non RNG system. I like Virtue of Stoicism but it could buffed so that it only resets the timer if you take damage higher than the damage that triggered it. That way a single tick of gas wouldn’t get in the way of getting temp after getting hit by an elite. Discipline is difficult to work with because it can’t used with Joust and GK doesn’t have any BCR in their kit (unlike WHC who can make safer use of Riposte due to having both Eternal Guard and stamina recovery on push). To fix it I’d just add a special effect like:

• Timed blocks increase power level by 20% for 6 seconds and stagger nearby weak enemies.

This way GK gets a method to kind of ignore chaff when fighting an elite + boosts their dps. It’s a pretty decent talent on bosses. It would be weaker defensively for patrols but that’s a fair price to pay for what it would bring to mixed hordes. The stagger effect could either be just a 180 or 360. If this is too strong, then:

• Timed blocks increase power level by 20% for 6 seconds. Timed blocks against elites and monsters additionally stagger nearby weak enemies.

BCR specifically only vs elites and monsters would also be interesting and synergistic with Discipline. Not sure where I would put it though.

1 Like

That’s a perfectly fair concern to have but there is a big gap between mocking an idea and what you said; magnitudes of difference.

You can’t control what others say to you but you can control how you respond and there are certainly other ways to deal with people who are being rude that don’t require extremes

I lived like that once. But those rudeness from people and even a same ones who did never stopped. They just kept doing. And at the end, they drove a knife to my neck.

Now, I have to eat a medicine in every morning and night. Or I can’t breath.

I don’t want all those things happening to me again.

I’m sincerely sorry that happened to you

I would like to point out this is an online forum for a video game, no one can hurt you. Also I know full well how rude people online can be, had to deal with it a lot during the big balance beta

1 Like

There’s a difference between dealing fine with elites and pressing f and everything in your front quarter being deleted (on a quick cooldown) also filling up with thp if there are elites mixed in. Even without ult GK can deal ‘fine’ with elites.

The movement speed is more horde safety, you can kite more easily and have better positioning vs horde or elites, I don’t rate escaping AOEs as a remotely high priority thing but you do actually escape better than any class without using mobility ults or specific talents.
Shield is not necessary to bring- I’ve seen cata true solos without using it, but the fact you can bring a full offense weapon and have a shield option for backup is nice versatility in itself.

I’m not trying to argue GK is the best class in the game but he doesn’t seem nearly as weak as some are making out here, yes he is reliant on the team for special killing more than any other class but in return has teamwide buffs (yes RNG but so what, 90%+ of the time they are useful), an ult which is low cooldown and turns scary mixed elite horde into buckets of thp and even chunk bosses nicely, not to mention excellent melee power in general.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I want to say that I hope others take your ideas more seriously.

2 Likes