Quick reload change is a bad idea

It’s a Bless that should makes the Revolver serve multiple class as an immediate tool yet now it only serves the Vet as a main weapon, truely bad change.

2 Likes

By quick reload you mean the blessing Speed Load, right?

If so I agree, it removes the cool synergy between melee and ranged weapons that is overall a little lacking in the game currently. However I have a sneaking suspicion that the change was made to not make it good on the Revolver with how stupidly strong it is right now.

1 Like

I remember reading that “close” is bugged and is like half the distance it should be. Anyone know if that’s the case?

I like ‘on close kill’ more than ‘on melee kill’, personally. ‘On melee kill’ felt way to situational.

That would make sense. Speed Load is basically useless in it’s current state with how close it has to be.

I disagree but it comes down the weapons used. Personally I think they should add another blessing and have both. Melee + Ranged weapon blessing combos are a fun playstyle but are exceedingly rare and I don’t like that they removed that synergy.

Well “bugged” is probably debatable, but yeah it was changed to 7/8 m instead of like 15 before with patch 13 and it seems to still be this way in patch 14. I’m yet to find anything that uses “close range” in the description that doesn’t obey this range.

If “on close kill” included melee kills as one might expect I’d fully agree. Especially for revolver though, how often are you shooting things with it within 8 m then reloading as opposed to having a half empty revolver in your pocket you pull out to quickly reload after killing immediate threats around you in melee?

1 Like

IMO, 7/8 is a little bit too close. If they felt that 15 was too much, 10-12 feels like it’d be a comfy middle ground.

Yeah, I actually loaded up the game to test this before I made my earlier post. I agree that it’d make more people happy if it did consider melee kills to be ‘close’.

That’s the thing, ‘on melee kill’ is really only useful for revolvers. Speedload is available for like 10 other weapons and ‘on melee kill’ was super situational on literally all of them.

I’m looking at Speedload on the gameslantern build site and it looks like there’s 4 different variants of Speedload, each with a different active duration (with revolver having the longest one). Anyone know if that’s actually the way it is in-game or is that some funkiness on the build site?

Hence why I’d assumed they were broadening the condition, not just changing it.

Straight from patch notes part 1:

1 Like

Derp, must’ve brainfarted over that part. Thanks.

The fact that they’ve recognised that revolver needs to get more out of it than others opens the door for revolver-specific buffs, if that’s needed. So that’s a thing.

1 Like

I mean I really hope they rethink the “close range” change as well. Deathspitter and FF feel extremely awkward to get value out of now. At this point if I see “close range” in anything gun related’s description I kinda write it off immediately.

Agreed, but for me that’s more of an “8m is a bit too close” thing than an “on close range” thing. 8m is right on the edge of “get out the melee weapon” range. Getting multiple stacks of any of these ‘on close kill’ blessings means there’s got to be a lot of enemies within that range, which is incredibly risky most of the time. Usually far too much risk for the payoff to be worth it.

In that sense, it’s arguably even more situational than ‘on melee kill’. Because the range is too short.

And then you’ve got stuff like ‘Fire Frenzy’, which only applies its damage buff within that ‘close range’ window…

Yeah that’s exactly my problem too. I honestly don’t think the previous range was too generous, but at least 12 m and I could see it being a good bit more worthwhile.

1 Like

Very cool of Fatshark to nerf my Revolver without allowing me to change the blessing on it. Had to spend a lot of resources to get a new ideal one.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.