QP rotation feels wrong

I might be wrong about this, but wasn’t there an update some time ago that changed how QP rotation worked? Less on which map was played the least by all players in the lobby and more on which maps were last played in general/the session?
Because getting the same map after you already played it is not very fun, and because a lot are failing at Convocation i get this map A LOT during QP, 2 times in a row and almost every day in QP.

6 Likes

Not sure if its exactly the same thing but i kinda feel like i am missing a couple of maps from my rotation, i almost never get Athel Yenlui or the Farms one.

I think i play 4 or 5 enchanters lairs&skittergates for every farm-

Haven’t gotten enchanter’s lair in any QP I’ve played since its launch. Outside of that I would say that my QP experience is pretty random. BTW I love the mixed reaction when CoD comes up half the players groan and the other half get excited. I’m a big fan so I don’t mind seeing it.

3 Likes

I don’t really notice huge skews in how rng throws maps at me, however I’ve had 3 instances of a map occuring in my own QP lobby twice in a row. Without disconnecting or anything like that. This should not be a thing, last played map should always be exempted from QP pool.

3 Likes

There was.

December 2018 Back to Ubersreik release

Patch 1.4

After you click on the first segment, it’s listed under QuickPlay. Have no idea if QP algorithm has ever been changed since or was accidentally reverted due to later patches.

3 Likes

I knew it! I wasn’t going back far enough through the updates, thanks for checking which one it was.

1 Like

No problem man! There’s a lot of patch notes to go through. I only remember that one because of how excited I was with the QP changes lol

1 Like

I dont understand why the QP algorithm takes every person in the lobby into account. It must do that right now, since I never have maps repeating in close proximity if I play with a full group for the full evening. It just happens whenever I play with atleast one open spot.

A simple one that only takes the host as source and just does not ever allow repetition of a map for atleast 11 victories/defeats would be better than what we have right now. I wouldnt even say no to one that just crosses every completed/failed map of the list and doesnt make you play it again until every map got started atleast once. Whatever map would be last and 100% certain to roll could be cut away and tossed into the next pool with a slightly bigger chance, incase QP needs to be somewhat random at all times.

There isnt a huge amount of maps, and it even gets artificially shrunk down by the feeling you played the same five the whole evening.

Completely anecdotal evidence, but my experience lately has been like OP’s, in that I’ll often get the same map twice in a row.

Someone posted the Algorithm used here:

Basically, the “no reoccurring maps” part does get screwed up by people joining you via QP. If they didnt play Map X for a while your group is more likely to roll that map even so the host might have just played the map.

Not even close to being the best solution for a QP centric playerbase.

1 Like

So the joining players are more important than the host. Strange

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.