QoL Suggestions Megathread

Didn’t notice any threads like this. Just one big thread for collecting any QoL ideas people might have to make life a little more convenient so FS can have an easy time finding them :smiling_imp:

• Hotkeys to access all menus from anywhere on the Mourningstar

• Let us pin a few penances in-game so it’s easier to keep track of them, either in the HUD or on the tab menu

• Penances with goals such as “complete every mission type on Heresy difficulty” should list the missions in a dropdown menu on the penance and track which missions we’ve completed (VT2 already does this. Why lose it?)

• Switching characters should not take more than one loading screen (Again, already in VT2)

• Consolidate cosmetics with identical models into single items and let us pick the color from a submenu to reduce bloat

• Add filters to weapon menus in Brunt’s Armory (Autoguns only, light/med/heavy only, etc)

• Let us fully alter our characters at the barber (height, voice, etc)

10 Likes
  • scoreboard to be able to track how well different builds in the team worked (especially in combination together)

• keep squads together after a match, and if a match is failed, present a “retry” button (if the mission is still available)

• ability to switch builds from lobby screen so you can quickly adapt to the team configuration

8 Likes

Hmm…

• Be able to pin penances (Quest Tracker)

• Be able to pin Weeklies (Quest Tracker)

• Scoreboard (not mod)

• More fun 40k weapons. We have too many “fantasy-esque” ones instead of interesting things like one handed flamer pistol etc.

• Rework class feats; new careers

• Fix loading screens

• Redesign Mourningstar. It’s too dark (everything doesn’t have to be grimdark constantly) and I would like it to be a place with minigames (Arm wrestling like in MHW, shooting gallery, some kind of card game?) and commmunity bonding instead of a waiting hall. DRG’s abyss bar is awesome in comparison.

• Start actually use the NPC’s somehow (Morrow, Zola, Alice, Melk etc.) or remove them (Mazosi is useless) from the game.
    Check out Janfon1 on youtube who does Vermintide “machinima” and a awesome job at bringing the characters to life.
    DRG again does a way better job here. The guy from management have an actual personality, something the NPC’s in Darktide really lacks.

2 Likes

Just to say but that isn’t QoL, that’s just content.

They already said they aren’t against it, but that it’s not a priority.

• Crafting rework, take out the locks, let us chose the Blessing talents automatically

• Put the Monster in the Psykanium

• (For when classes are added) Let us change classes without having to grind a new character

4 Likes
  • Discarding multiple items at once (there is a mod)
  • Favorite mark (there is a mod)
5 Likes
  • Default difficulty in Psykhanium (there’s a mod for this)
  • If switched to filter weapons/curios by type(or any filter) in inventory, the weapon that you have selected will be on top (Almost the same way it’s done in Hadron’s domain)
  • No red skull if enemy is highlighted (there’s a mod for this)
  • Turnable numeric UI (there’s a mod for this)
  • Default weapon/curio filter
  • Perk can be selected when changing it is free
  • Ping monitor (there’s a mod for this)
  • Character’s bank could be seen when selecting character (there’s a mod for this)
  • Character blocks when chat or menu is selected (there’s a mod for this)
  • Spectator can see hud, such as health of alive teammates (there’s a mod for this)
  • Amount of health or ammo left in packs can be seen (there’s a mod for this but only for ammopack)
  • Ability to favourite weapons or curios (there’s a mod for this)
  • Ability to see what book I need to pick up in mission select (there’s a mod for this)
  • Ability to change private matches to not private and other way around
  • Ability to see if my match is private or not (there’s a mod for this)
  • Ability to press “I” to open inventory in Psykhanium (there’s a mod for this)
  • A book of how some effects work, such as Rending and Brittleness
  • Bestiary just for fun
  • Clearer weapon and character stats (there’s a mod for this)
  • Ability to see what talents or weapons did you choose (kinda the same way as Vermintide did) (there’s a mod for this)
  • Reordering characters in character select (there’s a mod for this)
  • No more empty squares in character names if their name is in different language (there are mods for this)
  • Ability to change every loadout at ones in some cases, such as changing every single loadout’s pants at ones
  • Sorting mission select by difficulty, those that do not fit will become less visible
  • Hot keys to select armory or shop or any other thing (there’s a mod for this)
  • Contracts are automaticly selected (there’s a mod for this)
  • Overlay for contracts in mission (there’s a mod for this)
  • Ability to play local games like in Vermintide

More radical changes:

• Ability to select what mission do you want to play, like in Vermintide
  • Shared materials and money among all characters, like in Vermintide
  • Ability to see what blessing you don’t have (there’s a mod for this)
  • Patrols make noise, like in Vermintide
  • Turnable flashlight for every character
  • For the emperor button (there’s a mod for this)
  • Creature spawner in Psykhanium (there’s a mod for this)
  • Emotes in matches
  • Bots that are actually your characters, like in Vermintide
  • Keep squads that were formed during quickplays together, like in Vermintide
  • Addition of curios in Blunt’s armory
3 Likes

So much this, really don’t like the voice option on some of my characters.

I seen someone mention a “for the emperor” button. I wanted to add onto that with a “sorry” button next to the “thank you” button. Team play, thx and sorry get said alot.

2 Likes

More things in the order wheel would be good, “defend here”, “follow me”, and “stop for healing” are a couple I keep wishing I could use. A lot of the time people just seem to ignore or don’t notice the “move here” one, maybe something less general would be better.

Also would like a “save me” hotkey to call attention to yourself when you’re downed.

1 Like

Just here to support this thread, I agree with most of the suggestions.

Also GG @Redy2Snap :smiley:

1 Like

there’s a mod for that too

1 Like

The ability to rename weapons. I have a lot of trouble figuring out which of the 200 Kantraels I have is the one I actually want to use.

2 Likes
  • leveling beyond 30 like in VT2 so you actually get something from XP.

Could be emperors gifts, crafting materials, melkbucks, or…Aquilas :open_mouth:

1 Like

would also like a “well done” option. Positive interaction should be favored

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.