Purgatus Staff Secondary Action Not Working Properly

Issue Description:
The secondary action for the Rifthaven Mk II Purgatus Force Staff, the charged Staff-Bound Coruscation, either misses the target entirely or hits the target for low damage without activating any special effect such as damage over time. The secondary action appears to have a shorter range than the primary action as shown in the evidence videos, I use both the primary and secondary action in sequence without moving, but the secondary action fails to connect while the primary action connects. The secondary action only does any damage when standing noticeably closer to the target regardless of the amount charged.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enter Meat Grinder on Malice Difficulty as Psyker (Psykinetic)
  2. Have the Purgatus Staff equipped
  3. Perform the Secondary Action, charging up the Staff-Bound Coruscation
  4. Either miss the attack entirely or hit the target for minimal damage without setting it ablaze.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam ID: 76561198071115001

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/02/2022, 2:26PM] [Pacific Standard Time]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Supporting Evidence:

Console Log:
console-2022-12-02-03.11.40-47853d0e-89da-4abe-a965-166e4f606491.log (1.5 MB)
console-2022-12-02-22.17.55-111d54f9-d3c4-4f1b-b757-277d12a8f872.log (352.5 KB)

darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (872.5 KB)

1 Like

Ha. So that’s why it takes so long for the secondary fire to stagger anything ; because the first burst of fire does nothing. A very inconvenient bug on an already very mediocre staff.

1 Like

Ok so shortly after making this post I played around with the staff some more and I figured out the “bug”. It turns out I’ve been using it wrong…

To any rejects making the same mistakes as me listen up. To use the second action you have to charge it with right click, TAP LEFT CLICK when you want to activate it, while CONTINUING TO HOLD DOWN RIGHT CLICK, NEVER LET GO OF RIGHT CLICK OR ELSE IT STOPS. So yea this is not a bug, just personally I think is a little unintuitive. I assumed you would either hold down left click or tap left click.